Square Enix release FFVII drinks
- Square enix is teaming up with beverage maker Suntory to create Final Fantasy VII Potion which will come in collectable tin cans. The potions are used to promote their new game Crisis Core FFVII.
Wii Fastest selling Console in Britain
- The Wii is currently the fastest selling console in British history. It sold one million units in 38 weeks. It took the Xbox 360 60 weeks and the PlayStation 2 49 weeks.
Call of Duty 4 Beta Test
- Infinity Ward is offering tokens for the Beta of Call of Duty 4 to those who registered at the game's site Charlie Oscar Delta (COD) and live in the United States.
Halo 3 has gone Gold
- Today Halo 3 has gone gold! This means Halo 3 disc and sleves will be printed for its September 25 release
Crysis has scheduling conflict
- Crysis will be launching a demo on September 25 the release of Halo 3. This may cause very few people to download the first person shooter demo.
ESRB response to Manhunt 2 re-rate
- Yesterday California State Senator Leland Yee demanded the ESRB reveal the content that was changed in Manhunt 2 for its new rating. Today Patricia Vance, ESRB president said that "It is simply not our place to reveal specific details about the content we have reviewed, particularly when it involves a product yet to be released" and that publisher submitted content are on a confidential basis.
Dragon Quest IX Delayed
Leland Yee attacks re-rated Manhunt 2
- Since Fridays re-rating of Manhunt 2 for its release in October,California State Sen. Leland Yee has demand for a federal investigation into the matter. Yee demands that Rockstar should unveiling what content has been changed to grant the new rating and what correspondence occurred between the ESRB and Rockstar Games.
Halo 3 gets Mountain Dew commercial too
- Mountain Dew has included Halo 3 into their commercial. The Ad features different players playing Halo 3 and calling the Mountain Dew a game fuel
Phantom Hourglass coming to Europe
- Nintendo has announced that The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is comming to europe on the 19th of October.
Microsoft announces gaming mouse
- Microsoft announced at the Leipzig Games Convention that they are producing SideWinder Mouse specifically for gaming. The mouse will go on sale this October for US $79.95.
Slim PSP gets battery
- The slim PSP that is comming out will have a extra slim battery available on September 20th. A Lithium-ion rechargeable battery will be packaged with the PSP Slim. The extra battery will cost $39USD.
Uwe Boll eyes MSG
- Uwe Boll made a comment that he would like to direct a Metal Gear Solid movie. Boll has previously wreck movies from game franchises such as Postal, Blood Rayne and Alone in the Dark
Australia 360 Elite Priced
- The 360 Elite will launch on August 30 and it will retail for AUD$729.95 (USD$572).
Square Enix Online Store Dated
- On August 20th at 6pm PST, the Official Square Enix Online Merchandise Store will open its doors to sell Square Enix merchandise. The Online store was mentioned at E3 and will sell collector's items from Square Enix games.
UT3 will have less stuff on 360
- Mark Rein of Epic Games said that the Xbox 360 version of UT3 will have lesser maps than the PS3 version due to the limiting size of the HD DVDs. Reins said that the Blue Ray disc allows more space for mods and maps
- The Wii gets another update that corrects it form locking up and corrects an internet connection issue. The US also gets two metroid prime videos.
BioShock Demo Available
- The demo for BioShock is now available for download on Xbox Live. A demo is also coming to PC soon.
Most 360 games are not FPS
- Only 17% of Xbox 360 games are FPSs, that is 137 games out of all the games created so far. The two game genres that have the most games are sports and action adventure which takes up 26% each.
Microsoft exaggerates Halo 3 Launch
- Microsoft thinks that Halo 3 has gotten so big it will also be competing with movie openings. Ads are now being used on GM cars, Mountain Dew, and Burger King to promote Halo 3.
Wow: Wrath of the Lich King preorder begins
- EB games and Gamestop has began preorders for the World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. However the official price and release date have NOT been announced by Blizzard.
NES emulator available for iPhone
- Today the an NES emulator for the iPhone was tested. So far it works for every NES game provided that all hacks are installed.
Microsoft makes site for US Xbox repairs
- Microsoft has set up a site to speed up repairs of the Xbox and the 360 online. You can also register your Xbox on the site as well as track its repair status if sent for repairs.
Nintendo changes advvertising companies
- Currently at the worth of $26 million, Nintendo is switching from advertising company Leo Burnett that helped with the Wii to Karmarama.
EA cutting online support for many games
- For September and November, EA is cutting support for 49 games total. This means that these games will not be able to be played online after they are disabled.
Mod chip crackdown by Nintendo
- Today Nintendo has made a huge effort to crack down on illegal mod chips for the Wii. Modchips let people play pirated games on the PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii. 32 warrants were executed in 16 states nationwide in the U.S.
- BioShock (X360)