Resistance gets Global update
- Sony announces that Resistance: Fall of Man will get an global update which will allow North American players to play with PAL players in mutiplayer. The update will be free. But two new maps will also be available for $7.99 USD
Midway brings back Crus'n series
- Midway announced that they are bringing back the Cruis'n series. Cruis'n the successor of Cruis'n USA is announced for the Wii.
Red v Blue ends
- Red vs Blue, the seminal machinima series of Halo by Rooster Teeth will end tommorrow with its 100th episode. Creator Michael Burns announced that it will be the end for the main storyline. But more unrealted clips may still be produced
Gamestop reaches 1000 stores World wide
- Gamestop owner of both GameStop and EB Games outlets have announced that with its latest wave of retail openings, it has reached a milestone 1000 international stores in addition to its nearly 5000 U.S. locations.
ESRB Cracking Down On Game Trailers
- Game Trailers has pulled trailers of Dark Sector due to a request from the ESRB saying the trailer content is excessive and offensive content. Dark Sector has not been rated by the ESRB. Shortly after the ESRB set letters to companies saying that trailers for Mature ("M") and Adults Only ("AO") rated games must be appropriately age-gated. Seems like the ESRB is limiting the gaming companies freedom of expression.
Insomniac Games praised for working conditions
- Insomniac Games wins Best Companies to Work for in America for the 3rd year in a row from the Society for Human Resource Management's 59th Annual Conference & Exposition in Las Vegas. Insomniac games is number 8 on the top ten best work places in America. The company has created games such as Ratchet & Clank and Resistance: Fall of Man.
Take Two suspends Manhunt 2
- Since Manhunt 2 is being banned on various consoles, Take Two has decided to temporarily suspended Manhunt 2 distribution plans. Although the game is suspended Take Two will still stand behind the game because they believe in freedom of creative expression.
Kaz promises 380 PS3 Games By March 8
- At Sony's 90th general shareholders meeting in Tokyo Kaz Hirai promises 380 PS3 games by March 2008. 200 games would be boxed and retailed and 180 would be downloadable online
Manhunt 2 Release problems
- Rockstar Games Manhunt 2 was rated AO by the ESRB and does not have a console to be released on since Nintendo and Sony announced that the PS3 and Wii will not allow games rated AO to be released on them. Rockstar will have to either scrap the game or rework it to meet the conditions these consoles. Rockstar can still attempt to release the game for Xbox if Microsoft allows AO rated games.
Gundam Online Going Offline
- Namco Bandai has announced that they will soon unplug Gundam Online a MMO game started in September 2005. The game will go offline on December 15th at 10am Japan Time. But starting October 1st till December 15th the game will be free for all users.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary comes to Xbox live
- Eidos has confirmed speculation that Tomb Raider: Anniversary for the Xbox 360 will have episodes come to Xbox live. The first two episodes are scheduled for this September costing 2400 Microsoft Points
Atari loses money
- Since January Atari has cut back 20% of their workforce. Atari is facing a net losses to US $70 million plus. Atari is currently delaying the filing of its annual financial report.
New Director for Castlevania Film
- Paul W.S. Anderson is no longer going to be the director on the big Castlevania. The films new director is Sylvain White and the film is set to come out in 2008.
DS Lites in all kinds of colors
- The Nintendo World Store in New York city will now be engraving the DS in different colors for $20. Fans can now get the DS in a variety of colors.
Dragon Quest IX goes to DS
- Square-Enix announced today that Dragon Quest IX, would be coming exclusively to the DS. Yoichi Wada, CEO of square-enix explains that it was ported to the DS so that the "widest array of people" could play the latest installment in the RPG series. Wada also said the PS3 and 360 has too many specs and require an HD TV
Church wants to sue Resistance
- The Church of England have confirmed that they are to send a letter to Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEE) demanding an apology and compensation over the inclusion of Manchester Cathedral in Resistance: Fall of Man. They claims that Sony was not given permission to use the interiors of the building in the game. Church leaders threaten to sue Sony if the game is not pulled from the shelves or the chuch section is removed.
PS3 predicted to dominate market in 2009?
- Popular Science Magazine has predicted that the PlayStation 3 will dominate the gaming market and out sell the Wii and Xbox 360 in 2009. This prediction is fairly realistic since the PS3 has several games in development and the console has technology beyond both the Wii and the 360.
PS3 sells 1 million in PAL regions
- The latest sales figures show that the PS3 has sold 1 million in PAL regions including the UK, the rest of Europe, and Australia since its launch in March 23. This makes the console a faster seller than either the original PlayStation or the PlayStation 2. The top selling game for the PS3 is Resistance: Fall of Man with 600,000 units and MotorStorm with 500,000 sales.
- SimCity Societies will be the next installment in the Sim City series. Unlike the previous Sim City games, it will not be developed by Maxis. Since Maxis is busy developing Spore and games for The Sims, SimCity Soiceties will be developed by Tilted Mill, the developers behind Cesar IV. Lets hope they don't screw it up.
Phantom Hourglass Demo
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass will be getting downloadable demo in Japan on June 14th. The game will be on sale. The game will be on sale on June 23rd.
LEGO Universe the new MMO
- The Lego group has announced Lego Universe a massively multiplayer online game in development by NetDevil is expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2008. The game will feature character advancement, social and community features and the ability to customize your mini-figs and interact with the LEGO universe.
Assassin's Creed coming this November
- Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed will be released for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 worldwide this November. The game will cost $60, while the limited edition version will sell for $70.
SCEA lays off workers
- Between 80 and 100 SCEA employees at SCEA headquarters in Foster City. Employees received what was described as a fair serverance package. This was likely caused by the lag in sales of the PS3
Register for E for All
- Entertainment for All registration is now open. E for All is a replacement for the downsizing of the E3 event. E for All will be the first public showing of the video game art-themed 2007 Into the Pixel collection. E for All will take place October 18–21, 2007 at the Los Angeles convention center.
PS3 games wanted in Japan
- The top five games that are in demand in Japan are on the PS3. This means that PS3 sales may go up eventually. The games are as follows:
- Dragon Quest IX (DS, Square Enix)
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
- Biohazard 5 (PS3, Capcom)
- Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3, Konami)
- Monster Hunter 3 (PS3, Capcom)
Roller Coaster Tycoon used for Graphs
- The Speculative Bubble shows the rollercoaster ride of the housing market using the build-your-own feature in Roller Coaster Tycoon. See it here
Microsoft's New Direction is Gaming?
- Last week, when Microsoft's Bill Gates and Apple's Steve Jobs got together at conference, Gates hinted that Microsoft was going more into gaming. Gates said:
- "Software is doing vision and so, you know, imagine a game machine where you're just going to pick up the bat and swing it or the tennis racket and swing it."
SNK Stop Neo Geo Support
- Starting Starting August 31, 2007 SNK will stop offering maintenance and repairs for the Neo Geo home hardware, accessories and game cartridges as well as Neo Geo CD, Neo Geo CDZ and the Neo Geo Pocket. This is because obtaining parts are becoming increasingly difficult.
- Game Pro shows new Halo 3 Features
- The newest issue of GamePro magazine revealed never before seen Halo 3 weapons, maps and vehicles. You can also customize the your characters to have a new look. One of the new customizable armors is the SPARTAN III armor.
- Australia Gets Black 360 Controller. But No Elite.
- Today Microsoft released black controllers for the white Xbox 360 in Australia. The Xbox 360 Elite is set to be released in winter for Australia.
- Overlord (X360) (PC)
- Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (PSP)
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PC)