November 29 2007 (Thursday)
Guitar Hero for Computers goes gold
- The Australian sales charts for last week are up today with Smackdown v Raw 2008 as the top seller followed by Assassin's Creed and The Simpsons Game. Need for Speed: ProStreet came in fourth on the sales list followed by Mass Effect
November 28 2007 (Wednesday)
Guitar Hero for Computers goes gold
- Activision has announced that the Mac and PC version of Guitar Hero III has gone gold today. It is set to release on December 10.
November 27 2007 (Tuesday)
THQ CFO resigns
- After delaying several games last month, THQ Chief Financial Officer Edward Zinser has resigned his position. Vice president and controller Rasmus van der Colff will act as CFO until a new individual is appointed
November 26 2007 (Monday)
EA uses Naked girls for Need For Speed advertisement
- For EA's Need for Speed: ProStreet comming to the Xbox 360 and PS3, they used 2 ladies Amii and Becky, posing naked next to a red ferrari for their advertisements. The pictures were taken by James Rudland and can be viewed in the link below.
NCsoft shifts to social networking
- The Korea Times reports that NCsoft, the largest korean gaming company, is moving away from gaming and going into social networking due to its decline in stock value. Since investors doubt NCsoft's online games business, the company has released a series of social-networking services from Openmaru.
November 21 2007 (Wednesday)
Nintendo DS gets TV tuner
- The Nintendo DS is going to get a TV tuner. Despite its low advertising, Nintendo's site was crashed by the preorders and the site went back up with pre orders sold out.
November 20 2007 (Tuesday)
Crysis Sequel planned
- Crytek boss Cevat Yerli announced that Crysis is a three part epic trilogy so two more games are expected.
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 announced
- Ubisoft has officially announced today that they will be producing a sequel to Rainbow Six Vegas. So far there are very few details but they promise new gameplay features, improved graphics, and updated settings
November 19 2007 (Monday)
Jam Sessions new ads
- Jam Sessions has two new ads today that debut in New Zealand. One features a kid getting sponge cake for his birthday and he slaps the cake away and responds with "fucking sponge cake! fuck!". The second is another kid getting a present from his aunt on his birthday and to thank her he kisses her and grabs her breast.
November 16 2007 (Friday)
NPD reports Top sellers for October
- For October Halo 3 remains the top seller. Guitar Hero III comes in second with 1.4 million units across multiple platforms.
Universe at war demo available
- The Universe at War: Earth Assault demo is available now at FileShack. The game is for PC and is 1.15GB. The demo includes the first two missions from the capaign of a specific faction. The game is produced by Petroglyph and will be available on December 4th. Download it from the link below
November 15 2007 (Thursday)
Ghostbusters 3 game starts production
- The new Ghostbusters game is starting production by Terminal Reality. It is comming out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Another version by Red Fly Studios will be comming out for the PS2, DS and Wii. The developers have confirmed that the roles of the ghostbusters will be played by the film actors. The game will also include multiplayer and co-op.
November 14 2007 (Wednesday)
Atari CEO quits
- Atari CEO David Pierce has quit his job. With Atari's recent losses, the company plans to focus on publishing rather than gaming.
November 13 2007 (Tuesday)
Guitar Hero III helps record sales
- Guitar Hero III helps the sales of Dragonforce and Slipknot CD sales. DragonForce's "Inhuman Rampage" sales are up 126%, while Slipknot has not told any figures.
November 12 2007 (Monday)
New Ceramic white Dual Shock 3 controller
- The PS3 has a new Dual Shock 3 controller in Ceramic white. The controller was recently released in Japan and is heavier than the SIXAXIS.
November 9 2007 (Friday)
- Unreal Tournament III for the Xbox 360 version hits next year. But the PS3 version is set for Winter of 2007 but may slip into 2008. The PC version is still set for next week
November 8 2007 (Thursday)
Pokémon used in schools
- Nintendo of America has teamed up with The National Institute of Aerospace and Nortel LearniT to create an in-school science program that uses characters and themes from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.
November 7 2007 (Wednesday)
PC Gears of War has problems
- Gears of War was released for the PC today. It was discovered to have problems updating. The way to solve the update problem is to shut down the game while it is updating.
- South Park episode #1113 titled "Guitar Queer-o" debuts today. It is based around the game Guitar Hero which Stan and Kyle plays. Watch the episode below.
November 6 2007 (Tuesday)
New PS2 Rumors
- Sony is rumored to launch a new PS2 model SCPH-90000 on November 22. The system will launch in japan and cost around $140 USD. It will come in colors of Charcoal Black, Ceramic White and Satin Silver.
November 5 2007 (Monday)
Sony releases a new ps3 ad
- Sony has released a new ad for the PS3 which features a variety of their games, the blue ray, and the PlayStation Home.
November 2 2007 (Friday)
Electronic Arts Fire some people because of losses
- EA has losses $195 million in three monthes in their second quarter. They also had to fire 350 EA employees.
Midway plans to please stock investors
- Midway has announced that their Q3 losses at $33.5 million and sales at a totaled $36.7 million. They also announced that Stranglehold has exceeded 1 million units shipped worldwide and Unreal Tournament 3, which has the second most downloaded demo on fileplanet, lined up for November. Midway expects $80 million for the fourth quarter of 2007. So buy Midway (MWY) on the market while its cheap now around $3.00 per share!
November 1 2007 (Thursday)
Mass Effect Bonus disc distribution
- Bioware announced that in the US, you can get the Mass Effect CE only from "select online retailers". The game's bonus disc, though, will be available both online and in stores. Europe will only get the Collector's Edition but no bonus disc. Australia and Canada will not have the bonus or the Collector's Edition.
October 31 2007 (Wednesday)
Alexey Pajitnov Gets paid
- Alexey Pajitnov creator of tetris who sold the license for 10 years was thought to have no royalties. Alexey told Gamespot that starting 1996 he stared to get royalties for his game.
2 Atari Games go gold
- Atari announced yesterday that their Dragon Ball Z game for the PS2 and Wii has gone gold and today they announced that Godzilla Unleashed has gone gold. They are probably trying to pay back loans borrowed from October 25. Their stock NASDAQ:ATAR is likely to go up again.
UT3 has gone gold
- Epic Games Unreal Tournament III has gone gold today! It has also been dated for a European release of November 23 and an North American release of November 19.
- Soldier of Fortune: Payback (X360 & PS3)
- Crysis (PC)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Wii) & (DS)
- Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)