ACE Team is an independent entertainment software developer based in Santiago, Chile. ACE Team has licensed the Source Engine to develop and distribute its debut game Zeno Clash. Most of the members of the team have experience working on PC Games, the Xbox Live Arcade platform and game modifications for several titles.
History / Events
ACE Team was created as a game modification (or mod) development group and its name comes from the initial of the first 3 founders; Andres Bordeu, Carlos Bordeu and Edmundo Bordeu (who are brothers).
- In early 2002 ACE Team released the only single player mod created for Quake 3 named The Dark Conjunction.
- During 2002 ACE Team was created as a legal company and entity. During this year and 2003, ACE Team worked on a never released demo of a game named Zenozoik using the Jupiter System formerly based on Lithtech. This demo was the predecessor and starting point for the creation of ACE Team's game Zeno Clash.
- In 2004 key members of ACE Team, Andres Bordeu and Carlos Bordeu were hired by Wanako Games and helped develop the company until Vivendi Universal acquired Wanako in early 2007.
- In mid-2007, Andres Bordeu, Carlos Bordeu, Edmundo Bordeu and David Caloguerea independently reinstated the company. These four members were the founders of ACE Team as it began operating as a functional independent game studio.
- On 19 May 2009, ACE Team announced Zeno Clash 2, a sequel to their popular game Zeno Clash