Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead is a stand-alone expansion pack of the tactical shooter video game developed by Bohemia Interactive, ARMA II. The game includes three new maps, new vehicles, new factions and a new campaign. On August 29, 2010 a downloadable content pack named British Armed Forces was released worldwide which added the British Army faction to the game, including units and new vehicles.
ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead is much like its predecessor in the way it allows users to command units like a real-time strategy game, it also uses a customized version of the Real Virtuality 3 Engine (build 72888). Players are allowed to perform duties that real soldiers would perform during combat. In addition to campaigns, players are allowed to play mini-missions and participate in a simulated training program.
The game takes place 3 years after the Chernarus conflict depicted in ARMA II and is set in the fictitious country of Takistan. American forces are sent to Takistan to restore peace to the country. Players have the ability to perform optional tasks throughout the game, allowing for multiple endings.
The game has received warm reviews from critics. GameSpot says "Arma II: Operation Arrowhead, its stand-alone expansion, boasts all the beauty, realism, and action of the original and none of the game-breaking bugs. Improving upon its predecessor in almost every way." Although the maps and weapons received praise from reviewers, they go on to say that its steep learning curve might deter people from playing. PC Gamer goes on to say "If you aren't open to the idea of spending days getting accustomed to a control scheme, understanding the layout and functionality of complex communication menus, and partaking in a style of gameplay that rewards patience, planning, and perseverance, then it's not very likely you're going to enjoy the intricate product Bohemia's created." IGN elaborates saying "It's a game only for the dedicated, but if you've got the desire and the attention span. Critics also point out that the game engine it uses still has AI glitches. Many critics also said that the game was too computer-intensive, causing many "hiccups" in performance.
|PC Gamer US||82/100|
- ↑ ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead Features. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ Michal Harangozo. IDEA Games - ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead arrives in June!. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ Naylor, Sam. ARMA II DLC "British Armed Forces" Released Today. Retrieved on 3 September 2010.
- ↑ Real Virtuality - Bohemia Interactive Wiki. Retrieved on 2010-09-09.
- ↑ ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead gets June release. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ Announcement ARMA II Operation Arrowhead, screenshots (russian). Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ First look at ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead Review. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead review. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead Review. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Steven Hopper,. ARMA II Operation Arrowhead. GameZone. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ Gaming Nexus - ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead review. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.
- ↑ ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead. Retrieved on 2010-09-04.