AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! – A Reckless Disregard for Gravity (often abbreviated to Aaaaa!) is a simulation video game released on September 3, 2009 by Dejobaan Games for Microsoft Windows. Taking place in the year 2011 in an alternate reality version of Boston, Massachusetts, players BASE jump from the highest building, trying to get the highest possible score.
In the game, players BASE jump headfirst from the top of the highest building downwards. The game is viewed in a 3D first person perspective. Players score points by flying near objects on the way down, smashing through various colored glass plates, landing via parachute on a designated drop zone, and not getting killed on the way to the bottom. Players also receive "kisses" for each building or other airborne obstacle they fly near to, and "hugs" for staying in close proximity to these obstacles as they fall. Hugs and kisses are the main way to increase score. Structures, obstacles, and objects vary amongst levels. Some levels feature mountain slopes, floating and/or moving structures, birds, and abstract art.
Players are rated for how well they jump, and they earn "teeth" for achieving certain benchmark high scores on jumps. Teeth allow players to unlock new levels, items (which includes espresso to help slow down jumps, graffiti to spray on buildings, and a glove designed to give a thumbs up to supporters or a two-fingered salute to protesters), and other obscure things such as guided meditations and pig de-bristling techniques. Earning high enough scores allow players to post their scores on online leaderboards. Developers say the game was inspired by BASE jumping in a wingsuit.
- ↑ A Reckless Disregard for Gravity for PC. GameFAQs. Retrieved on 2009-10-20
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Meunier, Nathan (2009-09-04). AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. Games Radar. Retrieved on 2009-10-20
- ↑ Walker, John (2009-01-30). AaaaaAAaa…!!! – A Reckless Disregard For Gravity. Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved on 2009-10-20
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dahlen, Chris (2009-09-28). AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!. The Onion. Retrieved on 2009-10-20
- ↑ Wilke, Felix M. (1 October 2009). AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!! (German). Vlothoer Anzeiger. Retrieved on 10 November 2009
- ↑ AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! – A Reckless Disregard for Gravity Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on May 9, 2010