|Portal: RPGs||Advance Wars at|
Advance Wars Wiki
Advance Wars is a turn-based strategy game developed by Intelligent Systems and released in North America for the Game Boy Advance in 2001. In Japan, the game only became available recently as part of a bundle with the sequel, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. It is the first of the Nintendo Wars series to reach North America and Europe.
Advance Wars is often heralded for its deep yet accessible gameplay and unique art style.
Commanding Officers (COs)Edit
When you first play Advance Wars, the only COs available to you are Andy, Max, and Sami. However, as you progress through the game, you will be able to unlock other COs for use in the War Room and in Versus mode. The ways to unlock them are:
- Olaf - Choose Andy at level 4, Max Strikes!
- Grit - Choose Max at level 4, Max Strikes!
- Kanbei - No special requirements; he unlocks automatically the first time you complete the campaign.
- Sonja - Defeat Kanbei in the his first level in 8 or fewer days, second level in 10 (or fewer) days, and third level in 12 (or fewer) days. When you defeat Kanbei with the right time requirements, you will get Sonja once you complete the three missions against her.
- Drake - Choose Andy for all four Green Earth Missions (against Drake & Eagle)
- Eagle - Choose Sami for all four Green Earth Missions (against Drake & Eagle)
- Sturm - Unlock every other COs besides Nell.
- Nell - Unlock Sturm.
Note that after fulfilling the above conditions, that campaign must then be completed. After that, the CO(s) appears in Battle Maps for purchase.
|Nintendo Wars series|
|Famicom Wars | Super Famicom Wars |
Game Boy Wars | Game Boy Wars 2 | Game Boy Wars 3
Advance Wars | Black Hole Rising | Dual Strike | Days of Ruin
Battalion Wars | Battalion Wars 2