The game is played with two buttons, with the A button firing bullets from the plane and the B button launching a special bomb attack which uses a bomb from a limited stock of bombs. Power bullets can be obtained by destroying buildings and armored enemy planes. There are 2 types of Power bullets: "P" Power bullets, that increases the plane's firepower by one level, and "F" Power bullets, that increases the plane's firepower to the maximum level instantly. The maximum level only lasts for a limited amount of shots.
When certain ground enemies and buildings are destroyed, money bonuses appear which give a random amount of points each. When the player reaches the end of the stage, the player has to face a boss ship.
The game features several selectable fighters and characters:
- Template:Country data USA F-117A Nighthawk piloted by Robo-Keaton (once Keaton from the first AeroFighters, now a patriotic robot).
- Template:Country data USA A-10 Thunderbolt II piloted by Captain Silver (retired top gun accompanied by his pet parrot Polly)
- Template:Country data Japan Fighter-Support X piloted by Hien (a ninja)
- Template:Country data Japan F-15 Eagle piloted by Mao Mao (a female teenage popstar)
- F-14 Tomcat piloted by Cindy and Ellen (A mother and young daughter)
- YF-23 "Black Widow II" piloted by Spanky (a talking dolphin)
- Template:Country data France Rafale piloted by Steve (a punk rocker)
- Sea Harrier FRS2 piloted by Bobby (a baby)
- Stage 1: Japan
- Random Stage: Brazil
- Stage 3: Atlantic (Bonus Stage)
- Random Stage: U.S.A.
- Random Stage: France
- Stage 6: Australia
- Stage 7: Himalayas (Bonus Stage)
- Stage 8: Mexico
- Stage 9: Hawaii
- Stage 10: Space