Al Lowe is best known for creating the Leisure Suit Larry series for Sierra in the 80's and 90's. He was lead programmer on some other Sierra projects (King's Quest III for example) and contributed on many of their games. He felt that there was a market for games oriented at adults though, and so conceived of the Larry idea in the mid 80's as a graphical version of Sierra's text-based game, Softporn.
Sierra fell apart during the early planning stages for Larry 8, and as such the game was never made. Al denies any involvement in Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude. A rather involved diatribe on how he became uninvolved is posted on his site.
- The Black Cauldron
- Leisure Suit Larry 1: Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1987)
- Leisure Suit Larry 2: Larry Goes Looking for Love (1989)
- Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti In Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals(1990)
- Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does A Little Undercover Work (1991)
- The Laffer Utilities (1991)
- Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist (1993)
- Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape up or Slip out! (1993)
- Torin's Passage (1995)
- Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail! (1996)