Animal Crossing: Wild World (Oideyo Dōbutsu no Mori in Japanese) is the third latest installment in the Animal Crossing franchise for the Nintendo DS handheld system with Animal Crossing: City Folk being in second and the upcoming 3DS Animal Crossing being in first.
This games takes place in a town whose name is chosen by the player. In this town, the player must help, work, fish and much more to earn money, furniture and more. The game starts in a cab. At this point, the player is asked some questions, then the game gives him/her an "Avatar", which represents his/her personality. Tom Nook then sells the player a house. Then the player needs to work, to pay of the loan for his/her new house and then the adventure starts.
- Tom Nook: The shop owner.
- Tortimer: Mayor of the town.
- The player: The player's avatar for this game.
- Kapp'n: Drives cabs instead of sailing boats, as he did in the previous game. He brings the player to the town at the start.
- Crazy Redd: Shop owner of the Black Market.
- Mr. Resetti: Pops up every time the player resets the game, and gives you long lectures on why he/she should not do so.
- Sahara: Gives away Carpets.
- Blathers: Owns the museum.
- Celeste: Blathers's younger sister, who owns the observatory.
- Mable and Sable: Owners of Clothes Shop
- Cornimer: Gives mushroom furniture away in the Acorn Festival.
- Lucky (mummy)
- Crazy Redd (Seller)
- Ribbot (robot)
- Blathers (Museum Curator)
- Celeste (Astronomer)
- Pelly (business woman/town hall)
- Phyllis (town hall/business woman
- Agent S