Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Atari SA (ASA) (Template:Euronext) is an international French holding company headquartered in Villeurbanne, Lyon, France. It was originally called Infogrames Entertainment, SA (IESA). Its subsidiaries include Cryptic Studios, Atari London Studio, Eden Games, Atari Interactive, Inc. and Atari, Inc., headquartered in New York City 
Transition from Infogrames Entertainment
During their fiscal year meeting (May 2009), IESA announced that it would be changing its corporate name to an Atari-branded name, in line with the use of the name for its subsidiaries. In reference to this, Atari, Inc's CEO Jim Wilson said: "We've gotten rid of the Infogrames and Atari duality, the confusion around that. We are one simplified company, under one management team, under one brand." 
Infogrames' May 29 earnings report stated:
- "The Board agreed to change Infogrames Entertainment’s name to Atari. This decision will enable us to make the best use of the Atari brand, capitalizing on worldwide strong name recognition and affinity, which are keys drivers to implement the Company’s online, product and licensing strategies."
A later July 24 earnings press release further clarified a name change from the May 29 report, with a change from Infogrames, S.A. to Atari, S.A. It additionally stated the continued use of Atari Group for its Atari-branded and related subsidiaries.
On April 19, 2010 Atari, S.A. announced Nolan Bushnell along with Tim Virden would join the company's Board of Directors.
- ↑ Infogrames Entertainment (March 16, 2009). "Infogrames Entertainment appoints Frank Dangeard as Non-Executive Chairman" (PDF). Press release. http://corporate.atari.com/MT-3.34-en/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/IESA%20Press%20Release%2015%20March%2009_GB_final.pdf. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- ↑ Board and management. Infogrames. Retrieved on 2009-08-30.
- ↑ Infogrames GB
- ↑ http://corporate.atari.com/MT-3.34-en/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/Anthony_Jacobson_and_Pierre_Hintze_Hire_Release_FINAL_100709_GB.pdf
- ↑ http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174457
- ↑ http://corporate.atari.com/MT-3.34-en/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/052909PR_FY09_earnings_GB_FINAL2.pdf p. 2
- ↑ http://corporate.atari.com/MT-3.34-en/mt-static/FCKeditor/UserFiles/File/D2-072409PR_FY09_1Q_revenues_GB_FINAL.pdf
- ↑ Nolan Bushnell, Tom Virden, Join Atari Board of Directors, That Gaming Site, 19 April 2010