Bakushou!! Jinsei Gekijou 2 (爆笑！！人生劇場２) is a Famicom life simulator game that was released on March 22, 1991 and requires Japanese literacy to play. Like all games in the series, an occupation is chosen for the player regardless of whether he goes to university or not. The concepts of going to prison for crimes and gambling in a casino are introduced in the series for the first time. These events are only experienced by players whose characters have become adults. Even with this limitation in mind, it is next to impossible to find a new career after being released.
This is because the player loses their job after being sent to prison and must collect unemployment insurance after being released when he lands on a paycheck square. By reaching certain squares on the "career" game board, the player can temporarily escape to either an underwater realm or to outer space. However, players can be "plucked" out of the realm by an unsuspecting fisherman and be forced to return to the "normal" game board. Mini games include a Whack-a-Mole clone and a Space Invaders clone that can earn the player valuable game points as well as even more valuable self-esteem (will) points.
Before the game starts, the player must customize his face using three spinners that players can stop to create a random face. Unlike its sequel and like its prequel, there is no separate board for attending university. The only difference between going to university and skipping to career is mode is that the university graduating player will receive more choices and a higher salary. Even though this game can be considered light-hearted and whimsical at times, there is partial frontal nudity in certain parts of the game. Fortunately, the genitalia are censored and only the other parts are shown. There is no rating on the game, although enough of the genitals are covered up to allow for teenagers to play independently (or for young children to play with parental guidance).
Tips and Tricks
- The player can also unlock an underwater realm or an outer space realm by reaching certain squares on the "career" game board.
- The career system works on a series of different star colors: yellow stars either give out jobs or allow players to change jobs, red stars are good events at work, while blue stars are considered to be bad events at work.
- While children can be earned through marriage, they can also be taken away through special "scandal" squares that shows the unfit parent holding his or her child on the television news.
- This sequel of Bakushou!! Jinsei Gekijou (and prequel of Bakushou!! Jinsei Gekijou 3) features a different style of board game than other games in the series.
- Example of possible careers include game designer, construction worker, and military officer.