Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The core gameplay of Battle Arena Toshinden 2 remains unchanged from the first game. The game includes a simple combo system. The 3D movement is also altered to create slightly better balance in battle. Differentiating from the first game, dodge rolling will no longer make the character temporarily immune to the opponent's attack (in the first game, it was possible for a character to dodge straight through even the most deadly attacks). Also, as in the first game, a player falling out of the ring will result in a ring out, only this time, if both players fall out of the ring at the same time, the one who hits the floor last will be declared the winner. This unjust change was what led to the ring outs being scrapped for the third game.
When the Secret Society discovered that the chief executive of the group, Gaia, had organized the Toshinden tournament behind their backs in order to start a rebellion, he was branded a traitor. Hence a new tournament is organized to lure him to his doom. Meanwhile, one of Gaia's former co-workers, named Uranus, has put the next stage of the organization's plan into action and hopes to not only eliminate Gaia from existence, but also the other nine fighters who participated in the last battle.
- Eiji Shinjo
- Kayin Amoh
- Rungo Iron
- Fo Fai
- Duke B. Rambert
- Gaia (PlayStation version)
- Sho Shinjo (PlayStation version)
- Chaos (PlayStation version) - An executive of the Secret Society who unexpectedly lost his memories and went completely insane. He is given the orders to eliminate the organization's traitor Gaia.
- Tracy - A notorious New York police officer who likes to fight against criminals with a reckless manner. She is assigned to look into the activities of the Secret Society.
- Ripper (Sega Saturn version) - A lone traveler who happens to be the older brother of Cupido. He seeks to find the whereabouts of his missing sister.
- Ronron (Sega Saturn version) - A Chinese scientist/teacher who is responsible for the creation of the Repli prototype android. She seeks to find and deactivate her creation.
- Vermilion - An unknown gunfighter who infiltrates the tournament for a shrouded agenda. He is a secret boss in both Battle Arena Toshinden 2 and Toshinden URA.
- Uranus (PlayStation version) - A beautiful angel-like French woman who happens to be the second-in-command of the Secret Society. She seeks to overthrow the organization's current leader so that she can take control. She is a sub-boss in the PlayStation version.
- Master (PlayStation version) - The final boss in the PlayStation version Battle Arena Toshinden 2. Master is a powerful psychic who leads the Secret Society and seeks to destroy anything that stands in the organization's way of world domination.
- Replicant (Sega Saturn version) - A prototype android created by Ronron. Its original purpose was to be a huge step in the progression of law enforcement, but Ronron's superior, Wolf, had reprogrammed the android to become a killing machine in eliminating fighters all around the world. It is the sub-boss of Toshinden URA.
- Wolf (Sega Saturn version) - An unknown German man who seeks to create an army of Repli androids so that he can advance his own goal of world domination. He is the final boss in Toshinden URA.
Other versions of Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Like Battle Arena Toshinden, Battle Arena Toshinden 2 was also ported to the Sega Saturn, PC and arcades.
Toshinden URA (Sega Saturn)
Toshinden URA (full title Ultimate Revenge Attack) is a Sega Saturn specific sequel to Toshinden Remix (aka Toshinden S). Though based on the original PlayStation version of Battle Arena Toshinden 2, it has altered gameplay making it feel notably different. It also has all new arenas, a new story, a different CG intro and four exclusive new characters; Ripper, Ronron, Replicant, and Wolf that replace four of the PlayStation version's characters: Gaia, Chaos, Uranus and Master.
Toshinden 2 PC (PC)
Toshinden 2 was also ported to the PC. It is a straight Windows port of the original PlayStation version with the ability to play the game in higher resolutions and some additional options such as the ability to remap all the controls (the PlayStation version only allowed the remapping of the shoulder buttons). Though a slowdown program of some sort may be needed to play it on modern systems.
Toshinden 2 Plus (PlayStation)
A special edition of Toshinden 2 released only in Japan for the PlayStation on The Best range (equivalent to the Greatest Hits and Platinum ranges in North America and Europe). It features notably enhanced graphics, improved control and tweaked CPU AI. It also makes some balancing tweaks to the characters' attacks. An option to save results, option settings and unlocked characters to memory card was also added.
Toshinden 2 (Arcade)
Another version of the PlayStation version was also released in arcades by Capcom, with altered music.