This section is for Battlefield 2 (PC) cheat codes and exploits.
- Toggles pausing the game
- renderer.drawConsole 0
- Turns off access to the in-game console
- demo.recordDemo [insertname]
- Starts recording current gameplay and saves the file as demoname.bf2demo in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\mods\bf2\Demos directory
- Stops current demo recording
- renderer.drawHud 0
- Turns the Heads Up Display (HUD) off
- renderer.drawFps 1
- Displays the current and average frames per second (FPS) in the top left corner of the screen
- localProfile.setName [name]
- Set Profile Name
- localProfile.setNick [nick]
- Set Profile Nick
Unlock Special Weapons (Version 1.0.0 only)
Locate the file "unlocks.py" located in <Drive Letter>Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats (or wherever you installed Battlefield 2, in the folders \python\bf2\stats), and open "unlocks.py" with Notepad.
(Before you open unlocks.py, you should make a backup of the file "unlocks.py" (just copy and paste the file) and rename the file to unlocks1.py)
Now you should see a whole bunch of codes. Press CTRL+F and find the word "defaultunlocks" (without the quotations).
this should highlight the line of code
defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
and now press CTRL+S to save.
Note: this only works for single player, this trick works for multiplayer, however, EA Games will ban your CD-Key for a week if they discover you are using this for multiplayer. So just replace the unaltered backup file of "unlocks.py" for multiplayer and vice versa.
Skip Intro Movies
To skip the intro movies when you load up Battlefield 2, delete the Dice, EA, Intro, and Legal Bink Video files from your EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies folder.
Play BF2 In a Window
To play Battlefield 2 in a window, right click your Battlefield 2 shortcut. In the Target section, change "+ fullscreen 1" to "+ fullscreen 0" You will get a windowed version of the game.
Stay outside the map border forever!
This glitch allows you to stay outside of the map forever, where you should normally hear the "Where do you think you are going soldier..." message.
You can do this with a friend for example by making a squad together. What you do is this: The squadleader goes out into the red zone where you hear the previously mentioned message and you spawn in on him. You can stay outside the map forever. Have your friend die and leave the squad so you become squad leader and let him spawn in on you. Now the two of you can stay outside and never die from the out of bound penalty.
Known to work up to 1.02
|Cheat Name||Cheat Code|
|All weapons During Game Play:||Hold + and press|
Tips and Tricks
- Avoiding missiles: When in multi-player mode and flying a helicopter, if you start to get laser targeted (not GTAM), fly as fast as possible, and at the same time get as low to the ground as possible. By doing this, the missile will hit the ground and miss you most of the time.