Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beatmania IIDX 6th Style is the 6th game in the beatmania IIDX series of music video games. It was released in arcades by Konami in 2001. The game features 40 new songs. 6th Style introduced new features such as letter grades (ranging from F to AAA) and the new Hard Mode (which removes the usual 80% lifebar requirement, but makes the lifebar itself stricter).
The interface used by 6th Style is more modern looking than previous styles. The arcade version also switched the background movies to use a DVD instead of a VCD. 6th Style also introduced the current font design for the judgement labels.
Notable songs from this version include:
- DIVE ~INTO YOUR HEART~ - an English language remix of BeForU's debut song by Naoki and Paula Terry.
- Night of Fire - a remix of the popular Eurobeat song.
- Flowtation & Fly Away two songs by UK trance artist Vincent de Moor
- PARAPARA PARADISE, Romeo & Juliet & Yesterday - Avex Trax Eurobeat licenses along with Night of Fire. All three of these songs have also been included in Konami's ParaParaParadise.
- 電人イェーガーのテーマ (Theme of DENJIN J) - the first song of LED's Denjin Jaeger series, which would later be extended with several other songs in future styles.
A home version of 6th Style was released in Japan for the PlayStation 2 on July 18, 2002. As with other IIDX home releases, it contains all the new songs from the Arcade version, revivals from older styles, and new songs. The game also features "Drill Mode", an unlockable artwork gallery, Tatsujin movies, and the ability to view the videos from the songs.
|This Konami-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
- REDIRECT Template:Music video game stub