Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bizarre Creations is a video game developer based in the city of Liverpool in the United Kingdom, which was founded in 1994. The company is known for specializing in racing-genre videogame titles such as the Dreamcast's Metropolis Street Racer and the followup Project Gotham Racing series released for the Xbox and Xbox 360. The company has also developed a number of other exclusive and multi-platform titles, including the popular arcade-styled Geometry Wars series, as well as the third-person shooting games Fur Fighters and The Club. Following its acquisition by Activision in 2007, Bizarre Creations is working on a new racing videogame called Blur.
Bizarre Creations evolved from Raising Hell Software, a developer of video games founded in 1988 by Martyn Chudley. Sega pressured them over the use of "Hell" in the name so the company went nameless for a short time. In 1994 a submission to Psygnosis/Sony forced the need for a new name. The founder initially put "Weird Concepts" on the submission documentation. Later a staff member used Microsoft Word's thesaurus on the name and "Bizarre Creations" was the suggestion that stuck.
The Bizarre Creations team started off with five people working on a concept project called 'Slaughter'. After seeing the demo, Psygnosis signed on the developer to develop Formula 1 for the PlayStation. Formula 1 became the best selling game in Europe in 1996.
In 2006, the studio announced a departure from their usual racing genre. The Club is a third-person shooter, released on February 7, 2008.
On September 26, 2007, Activision acquired Bizarre Creations. It announced that Project Gotham Racing 4 would be their last game produced for Microsoft Game Studios, who own the rights to the Project Gotham Racing brand, so any future releases to the series will not be Bizarre Creations-developed.
Activision has announced that Bizarre Creations is developing a James Bond based 'driving - racing' game. The game will likely be released sometime in 2010.
- Blur (in development) - Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC (2010)
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 — Xbox Live Arcade (2008)
- The Club — Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC (2008)
- Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Nintendo DS, Wii (2007)
- Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360 (2007)
- Boom Boom Rocket — Xbox Live Arcade (2007)
- Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved — Xbox Live Arcade (2005), Windows Vista (2007), Windows XP (via Steam) (2007)
- Project Gotham Racing 3 — Xbox 360 (2005)
- Project Gotham Racing 2 — Xbox (2003)
- Treasure Planet — PlayStation 2, Game Boy Advance (2002)
- Project Gotham Racing — Xbox (2001)
- Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge — PlayStation 2 (2001)
- Metropolis Street Racer — Dreamcast (2001)
- Fur Fighters — Dreamcast, PC (2000)
- Formula 1 97 / Formula One: Championship Edition — PlayStation (1997)
- Formula One — PlayStation (1996)
- Wiz 'n' Liz — Sega Genesis, Amiga (1993)
- The Killing Game Show/Fatal Rewind — Sega Genesis (1991), Amiga (1990), Atari ST (1990)