Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A barbarian hero jumps and fights his way through a variety of colourful, enemy-packed levels in this spiritual successor to the Capcom classic Ghosts 'n Goblins. The sprawling, eight-way scrolling, two-dimensional levels are packed with hidden bonuses to encourage and reward exploration. Most of these bonuses are in the form of 'Zenny coins'; currency that allows the player to buy such items as an upgrade to their weapons and armour, keys for treasure chests, and anti-poisoning potions. Special items that reveal coins, upgraded armour, full vitality, extra lives, extra time, or simply bonus points may be found by attacking certain walls.
The Japanese version has a few changes that makes it more challenging than its American counterpart. Several of the "falling rock" obstacles were added in this version. Additionally, the prices of many of the items are higher. But perhaps the biggest difference is related to fighting the later bosses (the 3 dragons and the dual sword wielding foes at the end of stages 5 and 7). In the American version, it is possible to duck and avoid taking damage when the bosses touch the player's character as long as one of their projectiles doesn't hit him. In the Japanese version, the player is not able to do this.
- Europe-based U.S. Gold released versions of Black Tiger for Amstrad CPC, Commodore Amiga, Atari ST and ZX Spectrum in 1989. A version for the Commodore 64 was released in 1990, developed by Softworx.
- An emulation of the arcade game is included in the compilations Capcom Classics Collection: Remixed for PlayStation Portable and Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox and is also available for free download on GameTap.
- Black Tiger at GameFaqs
- Black Tiger at World of Spectrum
- Black Tiger screenshots
- Twin Galaxies High Score Rankings for Black Tiger
- 'Black Tiger' at MobyGames
- Template:Fr icon Maps of Black Tiger
|This platform game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|