BloodRayne 2, developed by Terminal Reality, is a third-person horror-themed action-adventure video game and the second game in the BloodRayne series. It does not follow on directly from where BloodRayne finished; instead, it takes place 60 and 70 years later in a contemporary 2000s setting.
In the FMV, Rayne is first seen staring at a place on fire. The next scene happens before the fire. Rayne is seen entering a library (called Blood library), with a few Nazis inside. Knowing Kagan is here (who is an influential Nazi collaborator), she declares she is here to kill him. Kagan notices she is here, but is not moved by her presence. He knows it is his offspring (but does not know her name), but says she smells "tainted", asking who was her mother. He does not know her mothers name, saying he is "terrible with names", but does not care, knowing she died with her family. He appears pre-occupied, looking for something. He finds what he was looking for, called the "Vesper Shard". Knowing Rayne still wants to kill him, he then brings Professor Trumain up from the floor, severely beaten, showing his own small intestine around his neck. Kagan knows that they know each other, and that Trumain "stole" yet another offspring from him. During his talk, he speculates that the Brimstone Society knew the Vesper Shard's powers, and was eventually going to kill their Vampire allies such as Rayne. Trumain then pulls out a detonator, first giving time for Rayne to run, then detonates the grenade.
Denied the pleasure of killing him herself, Rayne spent the last 60 years after the War seeking out and destroying Kagan's offspring. These offspring, Rayne's half-siblings, have banded together to form a group called the Cult of Kagan. The Cult has created "The Shroud", a substance that can render sun rays harmless to vampires, allowing them to surface at all times of the day, and twists nature into a nightmarish perversion  (Trees dying almost instantly, grass catching on fire, corpses twitching). Using "The Shroud", the Cult has pledged to create a new era of vampiric supremacy, continuing Kagan's legacy.
- Rayne - the main series protagonist, hunting her own vampire father.
- Severin - Rayne's sidekick from Brimstone Society.
- Ferril - Rayne's half-sister.
- Ephemera - Rayne's half-sister.
- Kagan - a vampire lord, and Rayne's evil father.
- IGN: PC version: 6.8 Xbox version: 8 PS2 version: 8
- Gamedaily: Xbox version: 7 PS2 version: N/A PC version: 6
- GameSpot: PS2 and Xbox version: 7.3 PC version: 6
- Gamespy: PC version: N/A Xbox and PS2: 3.5/5
- Gamepro: PC:3.2/5 Xbox:3.2 PS2: 3.2
- X-Play gave it a 3/5.
- ↑ During gameplay, Rayne mentions trying to find her father for 70 years.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 BloodRayne 2