|Products||The BIGS, MLB Front Office Manager, The BIGS 2|
Blue Castle Games is a third party developer of video games. The company is the creator of several successful baseball sports video games, including The BIGS and The Bigs 2. Currently, they are working on Dead Rising 2.
The company was formed on July 4, 2005 in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada by three core founders with thirty five years of combined video game experience. Starting with only twelve staff and one game (The BIGS), the company has grown to 170 people with 3 shipped titles. In February 2008, Blue Castle Games won the award for Best New Video Game Company at the 2008 Elan Awards for The BIGS, in a tie with another local Vancouver company. A wide number of developers in Blue Castle Games were formerly of EA Games.
Recently at the Tokyo Game Show 2010, Keiji Inafune of Capcom said there are plans to acquire Blue Castle Games and forming into Capcom Games Vancouver.
Since the company’s inception, Blue Castle Games has shipped three products with multiple SKUs and is currently working on Dead Rising 2. According to one of their recruitment pages, Blue Castle is also working on "an unannounced Action project".
|Game Name||Publisher||Ship Date||Platforms|
|The Bigs||2K Sports||June 2007||PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Major League Baseball Front Office Manager||2K Sports||January 2009||PS3, Xbox 360 and PC|
|The Bigs 2||2K Sports||July 7, 2009||PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360, and Wii|
|Dead Rising 2: Case Zero||Capcom||August 31, 2010||Xbox 360|
|Dead Rising 2||Capcom||September 2010||PS3, Xbox 360 and PC|
- ↑ Johnny Minkley (2008-11-07). Blue Castle making Dead Rising 2.
- ↑ Brian Crecente (2008-07-09). Dead Rising 2: Dead Rising 2 Set in Vegas?. Kotaku.
- ↑ Blue Castle Games - Games under development. Blue Castle Games. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ↑ 2K Sports - The BIGS. 2K Sports. Retrieved on 2008-09-10.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 2nd Annual ELANS Winners. ELAN Awards (2008-02-15).
- ↑ unannounced Action project. Blue Castle Games (2010-05-27).