Blue Tongue Entertainment Pty. Ltd. is an Australian video game developer founded in 1995. It was acquired by THQ on November 17, 2004, and remains one of ten internal development studios of THQ. In addition to THQ, Blue Tongue has worked with the publishers Hasbro Interactive and Vivendi Universal Games.
Blue Tongue originally provided web development services, but moved into video games in 1995 with their first release, AFL Finals Fever. It was released in 1996 and reached number 3 on the Australian software sales charts, selling a total of 15,000 units overall. Their follow-up title, Riding Star, was their first international release. It was ported to multiple platforms, including the PlayStation and the Game Boy. Blue Tongue also developed the game engine TOSHI.
In 2008, Blue Tongue finished developing de Blob, its first original original game since Riding Star, for the Wii system. Since its release, de Blob has garnered significant and favorable acclaim from various gaming websites, including Official Nintendo Magazine, which awarded the game a rating of 92% and a Gold Award, and IGN.com, which awarded the game several Wii-specific awards in its 2008 video game awards, including Best Platform Game, Best Graphics Technology, and Best Use of Sound. In addition to the awards won, IGN also nominated de Blob for several other Wii-specific awards, including Best New IP, Best Original Score, Most Innovative Design, and Game of the Year.
- AFL Finals Fever (1996)
- Riding Star (1998)
- Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy (2000)
- Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (2003)
- The Polar Express (2004)
- Nicktoons Unite! (2005)
- Barnyard (2006)
- Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island (2006)
- Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots (2007)
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera (2007)
- de Blob (2008)
- Marvel Super Hero Squad (2009)
- Nicktoons: Rise of the Pumpkins (2011)
- Nicktoons: Clash of the Martains (2011)
- Nicktoons: The Black Knight (2012)
- Official Blue Tongue Entertainment website
- Interview with Nick Hagger, Creative Director at Blue Tongue