Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
|Developer(s)||Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games|
|Series||Call of Duty|
|Producer(s)||Mark Rubin and Jason Ades|
|Designer(s)||Calvin Smith, Michael Condrey and Jon Porter|
|Writer(s)||Paul Haggis and Will Staples|
|Release Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii|
| Awards | Changelog | Cheats | Codes | Codex |
Compatibility | Covers | Credits | DLC | Help | Patches
Ratings | Reviews | Screenshots | Soundtrack | Videos
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (stylized as Call of Duty: MW3, and also referred to as Modern Warfare 3 or MW3) is the sequel to Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It was confirmed to be in pre-production on April 9, 2010 by Activision. It was released on November 8, 2011. Sledgehammer Games, originally planning to work on the canceled action/adventure Call of Duty, worked with Infinity Ward on the single-player aspect of the game while Raven Software worked on the multiplayer. Sledgehammer aimed for a bug-free Call of Duty game and ratings above 95%.
Modern Warfare 3 uses the Modern Warfare 2 engine.
When a massive amount of leaked information was revealed by gaming news site Kotaku on May 13, 2011, Robert Bowling responded in a tweet stating: "A lot of hype & a lot of leaked info on #MW3, some still accurate, some not. To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal." Later that day, four teaser trailers for Modern Warfare 3 were released on Call of Duty's official YouTube channel. Each one revealed a different location: New York, London, Paris, and Berlin.
The full reveal trailer was released on May 23, 2011. The trailer was leaked almost two hours before the scheduled air time, prompting Infinity Ward to officially release the reveal trailer earlier than planned. The reveal featured sequences from combat in all four of the previously confirmed locations.
The official site was launched on May 18. It contained an interactive map with the four locations seen in the teaser trailers.
- Black Tuesday
- Hunter Killer
- Persona Non Grata
- Back on the Grid
- Mind the Gap
- Return to Sender
- Bag and Drag
- Iron Lady
- Eye of the Storm
- Blood Brothers
- Scorched Earth
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Dust to Dust
- [[w:c:callofduty:Derek "Frost" Westbrook|Derek "Frost" Westbrook] (Playable)
- Eddie Decker
- Wallcroft (Returns from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
- Marcus Burns (Playable)
- Vladimir Makarov (Returns from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)
- MacMillan (Returns from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
- Each Prestige now has 80 levels.
- New, changed and removed perks, as well as the re-inclusion of Overkill.
- Weapon Proficiencies allow for further class and weapon customization.
- Each weapon now has its own individual rank (known as Weapon Level) and in order to level up the weapon a player needs to use it to unlock its attachments, proficiencies and challenges.
- Camouflage can now be applied to secondary weapons.
- The Strike Chain, with 3 different Strike Packages for pointstreaks to choose from: Assault, Support, and [[w:c:callofduty:Specialist (Strike_Package)|Specialist].
- Two new gametypes called Kill Confirmed and Team Defender.
- Players have the ability to scroll pointstreak rewards.
- There is now a visible pointstreak counter included in the HUD.
- Players' pointstreaks restart after their third pointstreak reward is reached (no need to die to start it over).
- Private matches now have a variety of pre-set custom gamemodes.
- There will be 16 multiplayer maps on the disc upon release, and each one of them is also playable in Spec Ops Survival Mode.
- Online Split-Screen.
- Theater Mode.
- More options for disabled players and or those who are handicapped, including a Color Blind Assist option (Changes color on the minimap and names on the screen. Teammates are shown as a bright blue, and enemies are shown as orange. There is a glitch with this option that makes enemy stealth bombers visible on the minimap).
Every time a player enters Prestige mode they may choose one of the following rewards from the Prestige Shop:
- Extra custom class (up to 5 extra classes for a total of 10 max)
- Double XP (2 hours in-game time)
- Double weapon XP (2 hours in-game time)
- Regular Package (Callsign Title and Emblem available to those with an extra token lying around; Title is "Far Superior," Emblem is the gold cross from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare)
- Unlock Gear (can be weapons, equipment, perks, available at first Prestige, also they will be carried on through future prestige levels. Unlocked weapons will be reset to weapon level 1 upon prestiging)
- Hardened Package (Callsign Titles and Emblems, available after fifth Prestige; Title is "Supreme Being," Emblem is the tenth prestige from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)
- Veteran Package (Callsign Titles and Emblems, available after tenth Prestige)
- Reset All Stats (Available at tenth Prestige)
Mission Mode Mission mode is a mode similar to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's Spec Ops co-op mode. It will feature various missions such as timed missions or objectives, as opposed to survival mode's wave-based gameplay.
[[w:c:callofduty:Survival_Mode#Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|Survival Mode] is a new mode featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's Special Ops mode in which players must fend off waves of A.I. controlled enemies on various multiplayer maps. Survival Mode. Added by Deathmatch: the waves are randomized, yet increasingly difficult, so that in the later stages of the game, players can expect to face multiple Juggernauts, Dogs strapped with C4 and enemy air support simultaneously. There is no means of winning in this game mode, as the waves will continue until the player has lost. Like other Special Ops missions, co-op is available for this mode, both online or split-screen.
|Call of Duty franchise|
| Call of Duty | United Offense | Finest Hour | Roads to Victory | Big Red One | Call of Duty 2 | Call of Duty 3 | Call of Duty 4 |
Call of Duty: World at War | Modern Warfare 2 | Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops | Black Ops 2 | Ghosts | Advanced Warfare | Black Ops III
|Call of Duty | Call of Duty 2 | Call of Duty 3 | Call of Duty 4 | Call of Duty: World at War | Modern Warfare 2 | Modern Warfare 3 | Black Ops | Black Ops 2 | Ghosts | Advanced Warfare|