Capcom is a Japanese third party video game developer and publisher, creating some of the most beloved franchises such as Street Fighter, Mega Man and Resident Evil. The name Capcom is a conjunction of Capsule Computers.
Capcom also localizes and publishes some games from western developers for eastern markets such as the Grand Theft Auto series.
The developers behind Capcom's games.
- Capcom Production Studio 1 developed a large number of Capcom's fighting games including games in the Capcom vs. SNK series and Marvel vs. Capcom series. They also develop games in the Devil May Cry series and Monster Hunter series.
- Capcom Production Studio 2 developed various Mega Man games including all of the Mega Man Battle Network series. They are also responsible for games in the Onimusha series.
- Capcom Production Studio 3 developed games in the Resident Evil series and Mega Man X series.
- Capcom Production Studio 4 developed games in the Resident Evil series and Dino Crisis series. They are also responsible for developing the games in the famous Capcom Five.
- Capcom Production Studio 5 has developed a few mobile games including 1942, Commando, Ghosts 'N Goblins, and Mega Man. They have also developed the PSP game, Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower.
- Capcom Production Studio 6, headed by Eiichiro Nakazato, developed Catan and Chaos Legion. CPS6 was shut down in 2004.
- Capcom Production Studio 7 exists in a parallel dimension and is headed by bizzaro Jack Thompson. CPS7 games often feature copious amounts of swearing, sex and violence. (Disclaimer: Information on CPS7 is all made up, I honestly couldn't find any information on CPS7. I'm not even really sure there is a CPS7. But, really, why would they have 1-6, 8 and skip 7? It is a mystery.)
- Capcom Production Studio 8 (formerly known as Capcom Digital Studios). CPS-8 was Capcom's only Western-based development team. They were responsible for Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, and Maximo vs. Army of Zin. Capcom of Japan closed this production studio soon after the release of the critical failure Final Fight: Streetwise.
- Clover Studio was an independent studio funded by Capcom Japan. Headed by Atsushi Inaba, Clover had developed many games in the Viewtiful Joe series, and was also known for developing Okami and God Hand.
- Flagship was an independent studio founded by Yoshiki Okamoto. Funded by Capcom, Nintendo and Sega, Flagship is most well known for their GBC and GBA Legend of Zelda games: Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, A Link to the Past/Four Swords, and The Minish Cap.
|This video game developer/publisher-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Stubs are articles that writers have begun work on, but are not yet complete enough to be considered finished articles.