Cars is a video game based on the film of the same name, and a sequel to the Disney/Pixar film. It is available or in production for the following systems: Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Mobile Phones, and Leapster.
The Wii version includes functionality geared towards its controller, and is a launch game. It also features the voice-over cast from the Cars film.
Taking place after the events of the movie, Lightning McQueen must prepare for and race in the 2006 Piston Cup season and beat Chick Hicks at the Los Angeles International Speedway.
- Radiator Springs Grand Prix: In what is later revealed to be a dream, Lightning races against Doc, Sally, Ramone, and a British car named Fletcher. Mater does commentary for the race.
- Lizzie's Postcard Hunt: McQueen accidentally turns on a fan in Lizzie's shop, sending her 60-year-old postcard collection flying out the window. Throughout the rest of the game, McQueen can find and retrieve the cards, of which there are 20 total. When you find them all, you can go back to Lizzie's and give them back, but she doesn't even remember that she lost them.
- Radiator Cap Circuit: Fletcher and Gerald, racers from Britain, and El Guapo and Papo, racers from Mexico, all challenge McQueen to a race around Radiator Springs. Interestingly, this appears to be Fletcher and McQueen's first meeting, despite McQueen's having dreamed of Fletcher the previous night.
- Tractor Tipping: A mini-game in which Lightning and Mater go out tractor tipping, despite risk of being caught by Frank, the insane combine.
- Sally's Sunshine Circuit: The groupie twins, Mia and Tia, want to drive with Lightning. Sally challenges them to a race; the winner will drive with Lightning. Flo also races. The level is played as Sally.
- Doc's Lesson: Powerslide: Doc trains McQueen to powerslide (i.e. turn right to go left) around Willy's Butte.
- Doc's Challenge: Doc and McQueen race around a track which is considerably more challenging than a circle around Willy's Butte.
- Palm Mile Speedway: The first Piston Cup race.
- Luigi to the Rescue: McQueen informs Luigi that there are some tires lying around all over town. Luigi disagrees that McQueen says Mater should pick them up and sets out to collect them when he is lonely.
- Boostin' with Fillmore: McQueen tastes some of Fillmore's Super-Octane Boost Juice and inquires if it could help him go faster. To test it, they race around town. Ramone, Tia, and Mia also participate in the race. When the race is over, McQueen gets permanently equipped with a boost tank, which can speed him up to a limited extent.
- North Desert Dash: El Guapo and Papo boast about their new gold rims. The taunting soon inspires Fletcher and Gerald to race them. McQueen also participates.
- Sarge's Boot Camp: McQueen runs an obstacle course designed to make him more agile off-road.
- Sarge's Off-Road Challenge: Sarge forces a tired and overheated McQueen into a long off-road race. Ramone, Fillmore, and Sheriff also race.
- Motor Speedway of the South: Also know as Motor City Speedway, The second Piston Cup race, which was the setting of the movie.
- Mater's Backwards Lesson: Mater teaches McQueen to drive backwards.
- Sheriff's Chase: McQueen and Sheriff reminisce about their chase scene from the movie. McQueen notes that he was only caught because of he got tangled in barbed wire and telephone wires. Sheriff asks him if he'd like a rematch, and McQueen accepts. The two of them do a single-lap, one-on-one race.
- Sheriff's Hot Pursuit: Sheriff chases speeders. The mini-game has five levels: Speeders (Fletcher, Gerald, and Mia), Hooligans (El Guapo, Tia, and Barry), Road Hazards (Snot Rod, Papo, and Lenny), Delinquents (DJ, Wingo, and Sonny), and Hot Rodders (Vince, Boost, and Chick Hicks).
- Rustbucket Race-O-Rama: In Ornament Valley, a previously broken-down racing arena called Rustbucket is the site of a demolition derby known as the Rustbucket Race-O-Rama. Mater races, along with six cars who are just as rusty and beaten-up as he is: Zeke, Lewis, Buford, Cletus, Judd, and his long-lost cousin Tommy Joe. When Mater wins the race, he is awarded with a boost tank, which he gives as a present to McQueen. The boost now lasts longer.
- Ornament Valley Circuit: Four racecars from New York (Vince, Barry, Sonny, and Lenny) challenge Lightning to a race around Ornament Valley.
- Sun Valley International Speedway: The third Piston Cup race.
- Sally's Wheel Well Sprint: Sally and McQueen race from town, through Tailfin Pass, to the Wheel Well Motel.
- Doc's Check-Up: Doc gives McQueen a check-up, which is concluded by the two of them, as well as Ramone, Fillmore, and Sheriff, racing around town.
- Tailfin Pass Circuit: McQueen, Fletcher, El Guapo, Vince, and Sonny race around Tailfin Pass.
- Delinquent Road Hazards: Boost, Wingo, DJ, and Snot Rod, the tuner cars who appeared briefly in the movie, refuse to let McQueen pass, stating that the road is closed to him specifically. McQueen challenges them to a race, saying that when he wins, he will be allowed to pass. When Lightning demands that one of Boost's tanks be thrown into the deal, they become determined to win. When McQueen wins, Boost gives him a tank, says "This isn't over, McQueen!", and drives away with the rest of the gang close behind.
- Monster Truck Mayhem: Luigi outfits McQueen with monster truck suspension so that he can race with three ugly-looking monster trucks, Count Spatula, Ginormous, and The Crippler.
- Chick's Challenge: Chick Hicks appears in Ornament Valley and challenges McQueen to a race, in which Vince, Barry, and Sonny also participate. When Lightning wins, he says that he'll be seeing Chick on the track for the upcoming Piston Cup race. Chick replies "Yeah, I'll see ya, if you ever make it there" and speeds away, leaving McQueen puzzled.
- High Speed Heist: When Mack is on the Interstate, the Delinquent Road Hazards rob him of McQueen's gear. First, DJ locates him and plays soothing music to get him to sleep. Then, Boost follows, jumping onto the roof of Mack's trailer via a movable ramp that was presumably placed by Snot Rod. Boost opens Mack's trailer, and Wingo collects all of Lightning's supplies.
- Lightning Strikes Back: Mack calls and tells Sheriff about the robbery. Lightning goes onto the Interstate and collects his gear back from the Delinquent Road Hazards, heavily denting them in the process. They get locked in the impound and confess that Chick hired them. Sheriff tells Lightning that Doc will deal with the Delinquent Road Hazards. And lighting saves the day And mack will be happy again!
- Smasherville International Speedway: The fourth Piston Cup race. When Lightning wins, Chick is outraged. Lightning offers a rematch, which Chick gladly accepts. Darrell Cartrip suggests that they have a televised grudge match. Lightning recalls his dream from the beginning of the game and suggests that there be a Radiator Springs Grand Prix: three races, each in a different part of Ornament Valley.
- Radiator Springs Grand Prix: Mater and Darrell commentate a longer, harder version of the race in Lightning's dream, which Lightning races against Chick, Fletcher, Gerald & El Guapo.
- Tailfin Pass Grand Prix: A complicated, dangerous race around Tailfin Pass. Vince replaces Fletcher as the fifth racer.
- Ornament Valley Grand Prix: After a boring interview with Vince, the final race of the Grand Prix takes place. Vince, Barry, and Sonny race along with McQueen and Chick.
- Los Angeles International Speedway: The final Piston Cup race, in which Lightning wins his Piston Cup. To celebrate, he, Mater, and Sally go on a cross-county road trip. McQueen places his Piston Cup in the window of Doc's clinic, alongside Doc's three Piston Cups.
- Tractor Tipping (8 levels)
- Doc's Lesson: Powerslide
- Luigi to the Rescue (8 levels)
- Sarge's Boot Camp (3 levels)
- Mater's Backwards Lesson
- Sheriff's Hot Pursuit (Categories: Speeders, Hooligans, Road Hazards, Delinquents and Hot Rodders)
- High Speed Heist (where The Delinquent Road Hazards hijack Mack and grab Lightning's goods)
- Lightning Strikes Back (where Lightning retrieves his goods and The Delinquent Road Hazards, arrested by Sheriff)
Playable Characters in Arcade Mode
- Lightning McQueen
- Sally Carrera
- Doc Hudson
- Chick Hicks
- Darrell Cartrip (piston cup arcade mode only)
- Strip "The King" Weathers (piston cup arcade mode only)
- Lightning McQueen (monster truck version)
- Count Spatula (a monster truck new to the video game)
Playable Characters In Certain Levels
- Mater (Tractor Tipping & Rustbucket Race-O-Rama)
- Sally Carrera (Sally's Sunshine Circuit)
- Sheriff (Sheriff's Hot Pursuit)
- Luigi (Luigi to the Rescue)
- Boost (High Speed Heist)
- Wingo (High Speed Heist)
- DJ (High Speed Heist)
Other Characters Appearing
- Snot Rod
- Mia & Tia
- Fletcher & Gerald (British racecars new to the video game)
- Papo & El Guapo (Mexican racecars new to the video game)
- Vince, Barry, Sonny, & Lenny (New York racecars new to the video game)
- Count Spatula, Ginormous, & The Crippler (monster trucks new to the video game)
- Tommy Joe, Buford, Cletus, Lewis, Judd, & Zeke (demolition derby racers new to the video game)
- Numerous Piston Cup racers - #33 McCoy, #34 Banks, #51 Aikens, #52 Joltsen, #54 Clarkson, #56 Buck, #58 Medford, #63 Henderson, #64 Zeb, #74 Turner, #79 Bashman, #84 Riley, #101 Lee Jr., #117 Guenther, #121 Masterson, #123 Suregrip, #191 Cortland and #282 Hollister
- Numerous visitors to Radiator Springs
- Numerous cars traveling the Interstate
PSP Playable Characters
- Lightning McQueen (default)
- Sally Carrera (default)
- Mater (default)
- Doc Hudson (Grand Prix 1 prize)
- Sheriff (Grand Prix 2 prize)
- Flo (Grand Prix 3 Prize)
- Ramone (Mirror Cup Prize)
- Luigi (multiplayer unlockable)
- Sarge (multiplater unlockable)
- Fillmore (multiplayer unlockable)
- Lizzie (multiplayer unlockable)
- DJ (1st boss)
- Snot Rod (2nd boss)
- Wingo (3rd boss)
- Boost (4th boss)
- Chick Hicks (Final boss)
Principal Voice Actors
- Owen Wilson - Lightning McQueen
- Bonnie Hunt - Sally Carrera
- Paul Newman - Doc Hudson
- Larry the Cable Guy - Tow Mater
- Michael Wallis - Sheriff
- George Carlin - Fillmore
- Paul Dooley - Sarge
- Guido Quaroni - Guido
- Tony Shalhoub - Luigi
- Katherine Helmond - Lizzie
- Jenifer Lewis - Flo
- Cheech Marin - Ramone
- John Ratzenberger - Mack
- Michael Keaton - Chick Hicks
Secondary Voice Actors
- E. J. Holowicki - DJ
- Adrian Ochoa - Wingo
- Richard Petty - Strip 'The King' Weathers
- Jonas Rivera - Boost
- Lou Romano - Snot Rod
- Darrell Waltrip - Darrell Cartrip
- Lindsay Collins - Mia
- Elissa Knight - Tia
- Greg Baldwin -
- Corey Burton -
- Greg Ellis -
- Bill Farmer -
- Quinton Flynn -
- Brian George -
- Jennifer Hale -
- Rob Izenberg -
- Joel McCrary -
- Nolan North -
- Steve Purcell -
- Alex Reymundo -
- Rafael Sigler -
- James Patrick Stuart -
- Sometimes when Lightning McQueen is stopped, he will start to fall asleep, and he can only be woken up by the player pressing the Accelerate button.
- The only inhabitants of Radiator Springs that do not appear in the video game are Red (the fire engine) and Bessie (the road paving machine). Bessie is in a deleted scene from the game, indicating that "she" was supposed to be in it at one point. Red isn't in it due to the death of Joe Ranft.
- In each part of Carburetor County there is a "World's Biggest Ball...". In Tailfin Pass there is a giant ball bearing, In Radiator Springs there is a giant ball of devil's rope(barbed wire), and in Ornament Valley there is a giant ball of fan belts. You can push them around for a while, but they eventually disappear. If you go back to the sign where the ball was, it appears again.
- There is also the world's biggest tumbleweed in the ditch behind Sarge's Boot Camp.
- If you follow and bump a car for too long, such as Mater, they will shake, get mad and hit you. Sometimes, when they do this, they yell at you for no reason.
- You can stay at the edge of a bridge and knock off cars for a while. Some get stuck, and some get out. If you leave the area, they will appear on the road again out of nowhere.
- If you go behind Ramone's store, there is a ramp leading to the rooftop. Go up it and you can jump to the roof of other stores where you'll find additional points.
- Sometimes when there is a new race or minigame, a car sits by it. Before you do the game, you can push the car around and all it can do is yell at you. If you flip a car over, it can get back up.
- In Ornament Valley after you have finished the game, go to around where the railroad track is and there is a spot where cars sink their tires into the ground and they are unable to move. They can still yell at you. Sarge does this but he doesn't talk. He just sits there eerily staring at you. He doesn't even talk when you bump him in the face. If you bump him enough times, he'll sink into the ground.
- Behind Lizzie's store there is a ramp that lets you jump to a crate behind Luigi's store that has a post card on top of it.
- Around the exit of the mine in Tailfin Pass, there is a place where cars disappear and appear out of nowhere.
- Night Drive by the All American Rejects is also in the soundtrack of Juiced:Eliminator.
Reception for the game was mixed. The game reviews were below 8.0 and the rankings were below 80%.