Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth (ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth Dracula Densetsu ReBirth , The Legend of Dracula ReBirth) is a side-scrolling action platform game developed by M2, and released by Konami for the Wii in 2009 as a WiiWare title. It is currently available in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia. Based on the 1989 Game Boy title Castlevania: The Adventure, it is the third game in M2's ReBirth series, following Gradius ReBirth and Contra ReBirth.
The setting of the game takes place a century before the original Castlevania title, where the player controls an ancestor of Simon Belmont named Christopher Belmont, who must defeat the vampire Dracula.
The Adventure ReBirth consists of six areas that the player has to complete in order to finish the game. Toward the end of each area is a boss the player has to defeat before advancing to the next stage.
The player's main weapon for attacking in-game enemies is a whip, which can upgraded by collecting orbs. The last upgrade lets the player shoot fire from Christopher's whip for a short duration. Unlike the original Adventure title for the Game Boy, there are sub-weapons which are powered with items called hearts. There are five sub-weapons and each has a different use.
The game's soundtrack was composed by Manabu Namiki, who worked on the other titles in the ReBirth series. The music consists of remixes of previous Castlevania songs.
The official album was released on March 24, 2010 in a compilation with Contra ReBirth's music.
The Adventure ReBirth garnered positive reviews. It has a Metacritic score of 78% based on 22 critic reviews, and 81.40% on GameRankings with 20 critic reviews.
- ↑ ドラキュラ伝説 ReBirth
- ↑ NintendoWare Weekly: Castlevania ReBirth, Pilotwings, Oregon Trail | Joystiq
- ↑ (1992) Album notes for Perfect Selection Dracula ~New Classic~. King Records Co., Ltd..
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. : Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth Review - Wii Review at IGN
- ↑ Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth screens pop up- Destructoid
- ↑ ドラキュラ伝説ReBirth ＆ 魂斗羅ReBirth オリジナルサウンドトラック : KONAMIのショッピングサイト | コナミスタイル(konamistyle)
- ↑ Reviews and News Articles - GameRankings
- ↑ Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth for Wii Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More at Metacritic