Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Castlevania: The Arcade (悪魔城ドラキュラ THE ARCADE) is an arcade game in the Castlevania franchise by Konami. The game was first announced on July 23, 2008. The game was released in Japan on October 2, 2009 and in Europe on 2009.
The gameplay is similar to light gun shooters such as The House of the Dead. Players utilize a special LED whip remote. The remote has two buttons. A top thumb button used to activate the whip, prompting players to swing the remote at the screen to damage enemies. A bottom button for the index finger is used to activate subweapons, such as knives or crosses. Subweapons are refilled by collecting hearts (up to 25) strewn about each stage in the form of destructible candles and wooden crates.
Up to two players can play the game at once. Characters in the game include the Vampire Hunter, the Lady Gunner and the Little Witch.
Castlevania: The Arcade's soundtrack was officially released on Akumajou Dracula Best Music Collections BOX, an 18 CD box set containing music from many Castlevania titles. The Arcade's music was featured on Disc 17.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ムチ体感アクション『悪魔城ドラキュラ THE ARCADE』2月稼働. Gpara.com (January 10, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- ↑ http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=6162&image=1
- ↑ Salcedo, Brandon (July 23, 2008). Castlevania: The Arcade Revealed. GamersMark.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ashcroft, Brian (July 23, 2008). Castlevania Japanese Arcade Game Hands-On. Kotaku.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Spencer (September 29, 2008). Castlevania The Arcade: Crackin’ the LED Whip. Siliconera.com. Retrieved on 2009-08-03.
- ↑ http://vgmdb.net/album/17063
|32px||This rail shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|