Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chris Taylor’s Kings and Castles is a real-time strategy(RTS) video game currently in development by Gas Powered Games. It represents a brand new intellectual property for Gas Powered Games. Development of the game was announced on 15 February 2010 via press release and on the Kings and Castles video blog.
According to Gas Powered Games’ presentations on the game, the plot of the single-player campaign will be woven across three separate kings/kingdoms into one overarching storyline. Specific plot details are as of yet unavailable.
Marketing and development
Unlike prior Gas Powered Games titles, the game is being extensively marketed via a variety of social media channels, including an official video blog, company Facebook page, game Facebook page, and official Twitter account (@GasTalk). Gas Powered Games CEO Chris Taylor has promoted the game and provided details through interviews and industry events.
According to the company’s announcement press release, “Kings and Castles will utilize the state-of-the-art RTS technology that Gas Powered Games has pioneered with its previous titles. Key features include the ability to zoom to any level, incredible maps, and eye-popping visuals that will run on a wide range of systems.”
- ↑ "Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles detailed". Future plc. 15 February 2010. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=234976. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ↑ Biessener, Adam (15 February 2010). "Gas Powered Games Announces Chris Taylor's Kings And Castles". Game Informer. http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/02/15/news-kings-and-castles-announced.aspx. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ↑ Fletcher, JC (15 February 2010). "Gas Powered Games announces 'Kings and Castles,' antics ensue". Joystiq. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/15/gas-powered-games-announces-kings-and-castles-antics-ensue/. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Callaham, John (16 February 2010). "Interview: Gas Powered's Chris Taylor reveals more about Kings and Castles". AOL Inc.. http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/02/16/interview-gas-powereds-chris-taylor-reveals-more-about-kings-a/. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ↑ "Spieldesigner Chris Taylor: Deshalb trägt mein neues Spiel meinen Namen" (in German). PC Games. 28 April 2010. http://www.pcgames.de/Gas-Powered-Games-Firma-15454/News/Spieldesigner-Chris-Taylor-Deshalb-traegt-mein-neues-Spiel-meinen-Namen-746281/. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- ↑ "Gas Powered Games Announces Chris Taylor's Kings and Castles". IGN. 16 February 2010. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1069423p1.html. Retrieved 12 May 2010.