Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Clan Lord is the Macintosh's first massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), made by Delta Tao Software. It was started in the late 1990s and is still going, with a regular update every 3 weeks. In 2001 it was voted one of top ten Mac games of all time in GAMES Magazine. By the end of 2007, player participation dropped below 100 concurrently online. The game world and characters' options in it grow with each update. The game encourages cooperation and community and has only minimal opportunities for player-vs.-player (PvP) activity. On January 17, 2009, it was announced that Delta Tao would no longer charge monthly fees for play. Since then player numbers have increased from the previous low player base and it maintains a steady stream of online players.[ ]
Game characters have been exiled by the mad Emperor Mobius to the Lok'Groton Islands for "crimes" against the Empire. Characters are of seven races: Human, Dwarf, Sylvan, Halfling, Thoom, Ghorak Zo, and The People. Exiles may choose to pursue one of three professions: fighter, healer, or mystic, and may also choose sub-professions for the fighter class: Ranger, Champion or Blood-Mage. In addition to the dangers of the natural island wildlife, exiles must deal with other sentient beings, including the warlike Orgas, the Darshak pirates, the Undine (i.e., undead), and a group of ancient and powerful sorcerers.
- ↑ Role-Playing Games For The Mac. Inside Mac Games (2001-09-10). Retrieved on 2009-01-07.
- ↑ The Veteran Neophyte: Digital Karma. MacTech (1997-03). Retrieved on 2009-01-07.
- ↑ Playing Catch Up: Spaceward Ho!'s Joe Williams. Gamasutra (2006-10-26). Retrieved on 2009-01-07.
- ↑ Product Reviews: Clan Lord. MacUser (2000-10). Retrieved on 2009-01-07.
- ↑ Clan Lord Free FAQ..
- ↑ Delta Tao News Page..
- Clan Lord the official Delta Tao website
- “Why I Don't Recommend Clan Lord” - http://noivad.wordpress.com/2012/01/05/why-i-dont-recommend-clan-lord/ An in-depth analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of Clan Lord from a Clan Lord beta tester veteran and current player examining Delta Tao’s words and actions. The article exposes DT’s underlying philosophy which is different from every other gaming company. It explains why Clan Lord is not for everyone, but perfect for some.
- The Clan Lord Unoffical Manual Project (The CLUMP) - https://www.clanlord.net/clump/index.php?title=Main_Page