Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Close Combat, is a World War II real-time tactics game, developed by Atomic Games, and released on January 1, 1996 for the MAC and June 30, 1996 for the PC. The first installment of the Close Combat series, the game is played on a two-dimensional map, between two players.
Close Combat is based on the fighting of the U.S. 29th Infantry Division and the German defenders from Omaha Beach to Saint-Lô during Operation Overlord; all the units in the game are based on those used in 1944. The game may be played as either the Germans, or the Americans.The game received mainly positive reviews.
Combat takes place on a two-dimensional map with three-dimensional terrain elements. Depending on the map, terrain features can include a variety of features providing concealment and cover, such as hills, hedges, foxholes, trenches, streams and buildings. Units have limited fields of vision (particularly vehicles), suffer from fatigue, have limited ammunition, can be suppressed, will break and flee if their morale drops too low, and generally behave in a manner similar to real life.
- ↑ Close Combat for MAC - Close Combat Macintosh - Close Combat MAC Game
- ↑ Close Combat for PC - Close Combat PC Game - Close Combat Computer Game
- ↑ Close Combat II: A Bridge Too Far for PC Review - PC Close Combat II: A Bridge Too Far Review
- ↑ Close Combat Reviews
- ↑ Close Combat Critic Reviews. Gamespot. Retrieved on 2010-01-14.
- ↑ Close Combat Review. Gamespot (Aug 1, 1996). Retrieved on 2010-01-14. “Microsoft and Atomic Games have set a new standard for games in this genre. Real-time combat, troops that think, and an option for network play provide gamers with an opportunity to discover what kind of commanders they really are. [...] Close Combat might benefit from additional scenarios, but everything else in the game is just fine.”