Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cold War Crisis is a real-time strategy computer game modification for Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour. It is based on Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis, using realistic units from that time period. Cold War Crisis is a Total Conversion, replacing all of the units from the original game with NATO and Soviet units made by the development team.
Cold War Crisis has been awarded 2 ModDb Awards, one "Mod Of The Moment" and the other being a ModDb Model Texture Design Award . It has been shown at the Electronic Arts's booth at the Leipzig Games Convention 2005 . The closed Beta was started as May 2007 and the finished version was made public on July 27, 2008.
Gameplay centers around the traditional RTS multiplayer skirmish mode, but a single player campaign is available. Cold War Crisis is not an especially realistic WW3 game, but it features more realistic units than the original Command & Conquer: Generals game . It will be ground and air based gameplay, with no naval units and no super-weapons like in the original game. Thus, Cold War Crisis will, despite its setting, not feature any nuclear weapons except the SS-20 theater ballistic missile as a campaign-only weapon.
Instead of building power plants in the middle of a warzone, the production-cap is made up in terms of fuel. Every vehicle and aircraft needs fuel. Planes use more fuel than vehicles, and tanks more than trucks. First of all, your command center grants you some fuel at the start of the game. Secondly, you can build a limited number of fuel depots. The third possibility is to capture depots spread around the map. If you run out of fuel, your vehicles are unable to be used, and buildings which require fuel are unable to function. Barracks, for example, do not require fuel to function and thus Infantry becomes a very valuable resource after you run out of/low on fuel.
- Soviet Units - The Soviet team has an advantage in armor and artillery compared to the US team.
- T-80 and T-72 Main Battle Tanks and their variants, as well as the BMP-2 and various other armored vehicles.
- MiG-29 Fulcrum Su-27 flanker air superiority fighters and Su-25 ground attack aircraft and the MiG-25 interceptor in a reconnaissance role.
- Tu-95 bomber, and the Tu-160 supersonic bomber strikes.
- Mi-24 Hind helicopter gunship, Mi-8 transport helicopter, and Mi-26 heavy lift helicopter.
- 2S1 and BM-21 artillery systems.
- Su-24 napalm bomb strike.
- S-300, SA-11,and ZSU-23-4 anti-aircraft systems.
- BMD-1 airborne infantry fighting vehicle which can be parachuted from aircraft.
- Special forces units including Spetsnaz operatives and anti-materiel operatives.
- U.S. Units - American team has an advantage in airpower and specialized units compared to the Soviet team.
- M1A1 Abrams, M60 Patton Main Battle Tanks and M2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV), as well as Hummer transports and M113 APCs.
- F-15 Eagle and F-16 Fighting Falcon Fighter Aircraft.
- B-1B Lancer carpet bomb strike and B-52 Stratofortress cruise missile strike
- AH-1 Cobra and AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopters, UH-60 Blackhawk and CH-47 Chinook Transport Helicopter.
- AH-6 Little Bird Recon Chopper.
- F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter strike, F-4 Phantom II Wild Weasel Attack Aircraft, F-111 Aardvark Attack Aircraft, EF-111 Raven Electronic Warfare Aircraft and A-10 Thunderbolt II Ground Attack Aircraft.
- E-3 Sentry AWACS Support
- AC-130 Spooky gunship strike support.
- M109 Paladin and M270 MLRS Artillery.
- Special forces units including Green Berets, Heavy Snipers, and Delta Force operatives.
Cold War Crisis has a number of magazine articles written about it, in particular being shown in GameStar Magazine, PCGames Magazine, PCAction Magazine, as well as coverage on various gaming websites, such as GameSpy, Macologist  and Games4Mac.de . Staff Interviews or Previews have taken place for cnc-inside.de , and cnchq.de . And official recognition from EA in one of their battlecast primetime episodes for CnCTV.
|This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations where appropriate. (April 2009)|
- Gamespy Preview 
- August Edition of PC Games Magazine.   (German)
- August Edition of PC Action Magazine.  (German)
- GameStar Magazine (Germany)     (German)
- ModDB Awards 
- CnCHQ Preview