Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Command & Conquer series is a real-time strategy series of computer games released by the game developer Westwood Studios (1985 - 2003), which was purchased by Electronic Arts in 1998. In 2003, EA closed Westwood and absorbed it into EA Los Angeles, where Command & Conquer titles are currently being made. Command & Conquer games were originally all in one series, however, EA has expanded the Command & Conquer franchise into three series. These series of games are officially the best selling real time strategy games, selling in excess of 35 million units.
Games in the series
- Command & Conquer (often known by its subtitle "Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn")
- Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert The Aftermath
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert Counterstrike
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation
- Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
- Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun Firestorm
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge
All of these games after this point is developed by EALA.
- Command & Conquer: Generals
- Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Command & Conquer: RA3 Uprising
- Command & Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight
EA Phenomic created the F2P MMORTS for the browser.
Victory Games is the third and latest developer since 2011.
Evolution of the trademark
Over the years, some C&C Games had more specific Command & Conquer logos. The initial C&C DOS Logo was Gray.
A golden version of the same logo was used on C&C'95, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and their expansions.
The Command & Conquer: Renegade logo uses the same gold logo, but embeds it in a background with metal texture.
The Command & Conquer long logo was developed for Generals with a completely different design; the words being placed horizontally, rather than the vertical alignment of the previous versions. The same logo was also used for its expansion pack, Zero Hour.
The C&C 3 Logo seems to be combining aspects of all previous logos. The font is in the Generals long-logo style, while the words are placed vertically like in the classic variant. Also the "&" is replaced by a "+".
Game Compilation Packs
Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare
In 1998 Westwood Studios released Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare, which contains both Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert, plus their expansion packs: The Covert Operations, Counterstrike, and The Aftermath.
Command & Conquer: Theater Of War
On October 24, 2001 EA Games released Command & Conquer: Theater of War. This compilation pack contains Red Alert 2, Red Alert, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn, and Tiberian Sun.
The Command & Conquer Collection
On October 31, 2003 EA Games released The Command & Conquer Collection. This compilation contains Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and its expansion Yuri's Revenge, Command & Conquer: Tiberian sun and Firestorm, and Command & Conquer: Renegade.
Command & Conquer The First Decade
Command & Conquer: The First Decade was announced on November 4, 2005 and was released on February 7, 2006. The First Decade is a compilation of all Command & Conquer games on PC from Tiberium Dawn to Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (Command & Conquer Sole Survivor was excluded). The game had 2 DVDs, a 70-page manual that only includes unit descriptions for each of the included games, and an A3 poster with high-quality C&C renders on both sides of the Ion cannon and Predator tank from Command & Conquer 3. The old games have been updated to run on Windows XP but has several Bugs. The bugs were usually on some of the old Command & Conquer games.
- Internet and LAN play for the older games, including Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, as well as their expansion packs, were not provided. (Can get the application at Http://striketeam.com) (Windows 2000+ Bug)
- In Command & Conquer, the game crashed if some units went to the top left corner of the screen. (Can be worked around by turning off advanced text services) (Windows XP Bug)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert was not updated to the latest 3.03 version. EA has explained that 3.03 was only a beta patch and for this reason it wasn't included in The First Decade, although it would possibly be implemented through future patches to the compilation.
- In Command & Conquer: Red Alert, the between-mission videos (which give a detailed explanation of what the player is expected to do) were not shown when playing the Soviet campaign (this has been fixed in a patch).
- The soundtracks for the older games' expansion packs, Command & Conquer: Red Alert The Aftermath, Command & Conquer: Red Alert Counterstrike and Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations, were incomplete (this has been fixed in a patch).
- The install path registry entries for Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Command & Conquer: Renegade had errors (this has been fixed in a patch).
- The map editor for Command & Conquer: Red Alert failed to detect The First Decade disc as being a valid Red Alert disc, hence it couldn't be used. (This can be worked around if the user creates a shortcut on the desktop directed with the command line with a space after " and input -cdcovert)
Since The First Decade's release, EA has released two patches, namely 1.01 and 1.02. Because The First Decade doesn't come with an Autoupdate program, the patches must manually be downloaded and applied. The first DVD provided game content. While the second contains Five fan tributes and an interview with Louis Castle.
Command & Conquer Saga
On October 30, 2007 EA released another compilation of Command & Conquer games titled Command & Conquer Saga which includes all the games in Command & Conquer The First Decade plus Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.
|Portal: Strategy||Command and Conquer|
- Planet Command & Conquer, respected fan site
- Command and Conquer wiki (wikia)
- CNC Source
- Project perfect Mod, a site on modding Command and conquer games