Cricket 07 is a cricket simulation computer game from EA Sports, which, like its predecessor Cricket 2005 was developed by HB Studios, and is available for Windows and PlayStation 2. The game was released in the UK on November 24, 2006 and was released in Australia on the 14 November 2006. The cover star of Cricket 07 is England and Lancashire cricketer Andrew Flintoff, whereas the Australian release has a picture of the Ashes urn with the Australian and English flags behind it.
The following game modes are included in Cricket 07.
Gives you the option of going into a full season or tournament. The following modes are available:
- World Championship: Control up to 16 teams vying for the biggest Limited Overs trophy available in world cricket.
- World Series: Control three to five teams challenging for One Day supremacy Down Under, featuring day/night games in venues around Australia.
- Test Series: Choose two teams to contest a series of one to six Test matches.
- Tour: Select a team and engage in a series of Tour, One Day, and Test matches with the host nation's teams.
- State Season: The six State sides compete over an entire season.
- Pura Cup: Australia's four-day, 2-innings tournament.
- One Day Domestic Series: Australia's 50-over One Day competition.
- KFC Twenty20 Big Bash: Australia's Twenty20 competition, where teams are divided into two pools of 3.
- County Season: The 18 County teams play a full season of first-class cricket featuring all four competitions.
- Liverpool Victoria County Championship: England's, four-day, 2-innings, divisional tournament.
- NatWest Pro40: England's 40-over, One Day tournament comprisions of two divisions.
- C&G Trophy: A Limited Overs tournament that sees the winners of the North and South divisions go head-to-head for glory.
- Twenty20 Cup: England's Twenty20 competition.
Play the for cricket's ultimate glory between England and Australia. The following options are available:
Ashes 2005 ScenariosEdit
Choose a team and play out scenarios from the 2005 Ashes series. Unlock the challenges and you are able to watch highlights videos in the Extras section.
Choose either England or Australia and take them through all the warm up matches, ODIs and Test matches in the 2005 Ashes series.
Choose either England or Australia and take them through all the warm up matches, ODIs and Test matches in the 2006-07 Ashes series. This is created as a balance in the form of an Australia-hosted tournament.
Since no major cricket game has been released since Cricket 07, mods of Cricket 07 have developed. Examples include: Cricket Legends 09, featuring all the IPL teams, ICL teams, t20 team versions, legend teams and a different presentational style and Cricket 08, which features the 2008 IPL teams and a different presentation style.
- Adelaide Oval (Southern Redbacks), Adelaide
- The Gabba (Queensland Bulls), Brisbane
- Bellerive Oval (Tasmanian Tigers), Hobart
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (Victorian Bushrangers), Melbourne
- WACA Ground (Western Warriors), Perth
- Sydney Cricket Ground (New South Wales Blues), Sydney
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham
- County Cricket Ground, Bristol, Bristol
- St Lawrence Ground, Canterbuty
- SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff
- County Cricket Ground, Chelmsford, Chelmsford
- Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street
- County Cricket Ground, Derby, Derby
- County Cricket Ground, Hove, Hove
- Headingley, Leeds
- Grace Road, Leicester
- Lord's Cricket Ground, Lord's
- Old Trafford Cricket Ground, Manchester
- County Cricket Ground, Northampton
- Trent Bridge, Nottingham
- Rose Bowl, Hampshire, Southampton
- County Ground, Taunton, Taunton
- The Oval, The Oval, London
- New Road, Worcester, Worcester
- Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad
- Asgiriya Stadium, Kandy
- Kensington Oval, Barbados
- Harare Sports Club, Harare
EA Sports lost the licensing for most of the teams for Cricket 07. Only Australia, England, South Africa and New Zealand have licensed player names and kits. All other team names are generic, however can be edited in the Team Management option or with a roster. A new addition to Cricket 07 was licensed bats. They include bats from Gray-Nicolls, Kookaburra, Puma, Gunn & Moore and Slazenger.