Cricket 2004 is a 2004 video game based around the sport of cricket by EA Sports. The game was designed by HB Studios, known for their EA Rugby Series. It was released for the PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows.
The player can create their own players for Cricket 2004 and choose which team they play for. An Autoplay feature allows the player to skip 5, 10, 15, 20, 50 or 100 (4 and 5 day games only) overs, until a wicket falls, or to the end of the innings.
- Over 50 teams and over 1000 players
- Domestic teams and players.
- Full licenses from the ACB, ECB, NZ Cricket and the South African Cricket team.
- 61 accurately modelled stadia, including various pitch types and conditions, detailed real time weather effects, and night modes for Day/Night matches.
- Astonishingly high detail in the players' faces and bodies, including varied player sizes.
- All new Motion Capture allowing improved player animations including form and injuries.
- Commentary by the legendary Richie Benaud, Jim Maxwell.
- Huge depth of gameplay including domestic teams and tournaments.
- Simple and intuitive controls improving on the best features from previous cricket games.
- Huge 3D stadium sound effects based on real crowd sounds from all over the world.Crowd effects change to reflect peaks and troughs in the game.
- Pitches reflect the real conditions around the world and will wear over the course of a test match.
- TV style gameplay including TV overlays and a detailed replay feature allowing the player to view the action from an infinite number of camera angles.
- Highlight Save Feature – PC
- Full Player Editor allows players to change/create features of players throughout the game.
- Flexible play allows the player to be fully involved in the selection of batsmen and bowlers, the placing of fielders. Chose manual fielding, or simply let the intelligent AI position your fielders for you.
- 4 Player, (consoles), with 2 player co-operative play
The graphics were awarded "Worst PlayStation 2 graphics" by IGN
|This article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|