|Portal: RPGs||Dead Island at|
Dead Island Wiki
Dead Island is an upcoming video game being developed and published by Techland for the Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. It is an open-ended game centered on survival and trying to find the protagonist's wife on a zombie-infested island. The game uses a first-person perspective; however, the developers are claiming that the game should not be labeled a first-person shooter due to a bigger emphasis on melee combat and ammunition conservation, rather than a shoot 'em up.
- The game features a sandbox style gameplay on a tropical island separated by loading screens.
- The game features a multilayer damage system.
- There is a number of human factions that the player can join or be hostile with, these include the Military and Bandits.
- The main zombies are the George A Romero's slow walking zombies, but there is however more than one type of zombie.
- The game is more focused on melee combat, the player can pick up almost anything and use it as a weapon, (e.g. picking up a glass cup on a table and throwing it at a zombie) there are firearms but ammo will be hard to find to give the game more of a survival horror feel.
- There may be multiple endings.
A recently married couple, flying to a vacation of their dreams, is separated when their plane crashes on a remote pacific island. The player, a man named Mike Jennings, must find his lost wife in a zombie infested island, as well as find out what caused the zombie outbreak and deal with the various other human factions that inhabit the island. The developers have notice that the plot may be stale but promises that zombies will "spice it up".
Although Dead Island has been in development for quite some time, the game has not been canceled. Some speculation has been circulating that the game has been canceled due to the fact that the game's site has been "under construction" since mid 2008. In a short interview with one of the game's leading developers in July 2009 it is revealed that the game has not been canceled but the game's unknown publisher imposed a media ban on Techland to stop them from showing off Dead Island, Techland has stated that the current status of the game is "still in development and looking great."
In April 2010 several gaming websites have revealed that Dead Island may be published by Deep Silver, which is also publishing Techland's other game Nail'd. In mid-May 2010, Techland stated that development of the game is coming along nicely, adding that it is their most important project.
- ↑ Razak, Matthew (2008-04-16). Interview / We talk to Techland about killing zombies on a Dead Island. Retrieved on 2008-05-16
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Klepak, Patrick (2007-08-23). Dead Island preview. 1UP.com. Retrieved on 2007-11-29
- ↑ Klepak, Patrick (2009-07-02). Dead Island is still alive and kicking. g4tv.com. Retrieved on 2009-10-05
- ↑ Dead Island to be published by Deep Silver?. scrawlfx.com (2010-04-25). Retrieved on 2010-04-26
- Official Dead Island Site
- Gaming Console Network's Dead Island interview with Developer Pawel Kopinski
- Dead Island Interview English Version. Onipepper (2008-03-28). Retrieved on 2008-05-16
- Hatfield, Daemon (2007-08-08). Dead Island Details Rescued. IGN. Retrieved on 2007-11-29