Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Issue: Any appropriate images will do.
Delta Force is a tactical first-person shooter computer game by developer and publisher NovaLogic. It was released for Microsoft Windows in 1998. Delta Force was designed to be a military simulation loosely based on the United States' Delta Force.
A PlayStation & PlayStation 2 Versions Were planned But it Was Cancelled
The game features a large set of missions, most of which are set in countryside. The players' objectives differ with each mission. Eliminating all hostile forces is sometimes not the objective, and should the player choose to use up a great deal of his time combating the enemy, he would probably miss his main objective, such as ambushing a convoy. Some objectives which frequently appear are: eliminate all hostile forces, rescue the hostages, intercept an enemy convoy, capture (or kill) an enemy leader, destroy (or recover) certain objects, and ensure the safety of a friendly leader. The player can choose from a variety of weapons. The player's standard loadout is: knife, pistol, main assault weapon, grenades, explosives, detonator and a laser designator to call in airstrikes.
Delta Force was praised for emphasizing "gameplay over graphics" in its time.
Due to the game's success and popularity, it spawned numerous sequels, including:
- Delta Force 2 (1999)
- Delta Force: Land Warrior (2000)
- Delta Force: Urban Warfare (2002)
- Delta Force: Task Force Dagger (2002)
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (2003)
- Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre (2004) (requires Delta Force: Black Hawk Down)
- Delta Force: Xtreme (2005)
- Delta Force: Xtreme 2 (2009)
- Delta Force: Angel Falls (2010)
- ↑ Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre on Answers. Answers.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-03.