These shrines are found in the single-player games.
- Abandoned - +2 DEX
- Creepy - +2 STR
- Cryptic - Casts a Nova spell & restores all mana
- Divine - Restores all health and all mana, and:
- On levels 1-3, 1 'Potion of Full Mana' & 1 'Potion of Full Life'
- On all other levels, 2 'Potions of Full Rejuvenation'
- Eerie - +2 MAG
- Eldritch - All potions in inventory become Rejuvenation potions
- Enchanted - One of your spells decrease a level, and all other spells gain a level
- Fascinating - Lose 10% base mana, Firebolt gains 2 spell levels
- Glimmering - Identifies any unknown items in inventory
- Gloomy - +2 AC to all armor, -1 max damage to all weapons
- Glowing Shrine (Hellfire only) - Increases magic by five points, reduces experience points
- Hidden - One item loses 10 durability, all other items gain 10 durability
- Holy - Casts a Phasing spell
- Magical - Casts a Mana Shield spell
- Mendicant's (Hellfire only) - Increases experience, reduces gold by half
- Murphy's (Hellfire only) - Reduces the durability of equipment
- Mysterious - +5 to one attribute, -1 to all others
- Oily Shrine (Hellfire only) - Increases dexterity
- Ornate - Lose 10% base mana, Holy Bolt gains 2 levels
- Quiet - +2 VIT
- Religious - Restores all items in inventory to full durability
- Sacred - Lose 10% base mana, Charged Bolt gains 2 levels
- Secluded - Unlocks full map of current level
- Shimmering (Hellfire only) - Restores Mana
- Solar (Hellfire only) - Increases an attribute by 2 points, depending on time; +2 Strength (noon to 6 p.m.), +2 Magic (six p.m. to 8 p.m.), +2 Vitality (8 p.m. to 4 a.m.) +2 Dexterity (4 a.m. to noon)
- Sparkling (Hellfire only) - Adds dungeon level x 1000 experience points, casts Flash to damage character
- Spiritual - Fills each empty slot in inventory with gold
- Stone - Restores charges in all staves
- Thaumaturgic - Closes and (sometimes) refills all open chests on current level
- Town (Hellfire only) - Casts Town Portal
- Weird - +1 max damage to all weapons in inventory
Thaumaturgic, Weird and Gloomy shrines are only found in single-player games.
As well as the shrines in the single-player game, the following can be found in a multi-player game.
- Spooky - Players get life and mana restored
- Tainted - Players get +1 to one attribute and -1 to all other attribute
In the higher dungeon levels, there are some additional 'special' shrines.
- Blood Fountain - Restores 1 life each time it's clicked (infinitely)
- Cauldron - Random effect (from above shrines)