Diddy Kong Pilot is a cancelled Game Boy Advance video game developed by Rare and was to be published by Nintendo. This game, however, later became Banjo-Pilot in 2005, due to Rare's move to Microsoft.
There is a gameplay video that a Rare member (Transparentjinjo) posted on YouTube on September 15, 2011 to reveal more information about the game before it's cancellation and another on October 3, 2011 to reveal even more details about the game. It is shown to have a Racing mode, Stories mode, Dogfights mode, Battles mode, Clock Race, and Options mode. The Options mode has revealed that the player could decide if he/she wanted to use the D-Pad or the tilt sensor, implying that the game was going to use the tilt sensor.
Like the prequel, the player can collect bananas. When Races mode is selected and the player goes on to selecting a level, he/she can choose the difficulty of the level.
There is also a stories mode with three different stories: King of Kongs, Back to the Light, and K. Rool's Gold. King of Kongs set contains Beach Barricade, another beach level. It appears to be incomplete. There is also a lava level in the Back to the Light set. It is unknown what name the course is. There is also a Classic Dogfight in the K. Rool's Gold set on which appears to have Magma Mainland in it. There is also Cranky's Challenge where the player has to be first and collect all of the Banana Coins. This was later replaced by Jiggy Challenge in Banjo-Pilot.
Another mode is the dogfight mode where the player may do a Classic Dogfight, a Dawn Duel, a Classic Variation, or a Focal Feud. This mode has players fighting against each other. The difficulty can also be chosen in this mode.
There is also a Clock Race mode where the player can race on any track in a Time Trials-like way. The difficulty can also be chosen.
The player can also enter his/her name and Cranky aids the monkeys instead of being a playable by sitting next to his hut.
- Rockets: These can be used to slow down players.
- Rocket Boost: These can be used to speed up temporarily.
- Peanuts: These can be used to shoot opponents into the ground.
- Magnet: These can be used to make the player pass others when close by.
- DK Balloons: These contain an item with Cranky on it. It retires the player from advancing.
- ? Balloons: The contain regular items.
- K-O-N-G Letters: Collectibles later replaced by Jiggies in Banjo-Pilot.
- Buzzes (Pink, Green, and Blue): Sent after opponents to attack.
- Zingers: Can be sent behind as a weapon.
- Rambi the Rhinoceros: Allows invincibility.
Race Courses (Beta)
- Bounty Beach: A race track taking place on the beach as the name states. It has palm trees in the background along with the shore.
- Farm Attract:
- Jet Set Jungle:
- Beach Race: The player races Donkey Kong in this area.
- Swoop Swamp:
- Jungle Race:
- Magma Mainland: A lava-like area with volcanoes nearby.
- Haunted Race:
- Lake Race:
- Lava Race:
- Swamp Race: Takes place in a Swamp-like area. Nothing else is known.
- Crackpot Keep:
Island of Eggs
- Vulture Valley:
- Keep Race:
- Lake Race:
- Chicken Chase: There appear to be chickens in this level and takes place near a farm.
|This section requires expansion.|
Race Courses (Current)
- Steamy Swoop: Jungle-themed with Donkey Kong's treehouse in the background.
- Plain Pursuit: Desert-themed with Expresso as an easter egg.
- Chilly Length: Ice-themed with whales as Easter Eggs.
- Magma Spurt: Lava-themed with a golden K. Rool statue in the background.
- Shore Strife: Beach-themed.
- Jungle Jostle: Jungle-themed.
- Temple Heat: Lava-themed.
- Wild Wilderness: Wilderness-themed.
- Frosty Feud: Ice-themed.
- Vine Rush: Jungle-themed.
- Speedy Show: Lava-themed.
- Reef Encounter: Beach-themed.
K. Rool Cup
- Lava Dispute: Lava-themed.
- Frantic Beach: Beach-themed.
- Prairie Dash: Prairie-themed.
- Icy Passage: Ice-themed.
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Dixie Kong
- Funky Kong (2003 build)
- Cranky Kong (unlockable)
- Klaptrap (unlockable) (2003 build)
- Klump (unlockable) (2003 build)
- Kritter (unlockable) (2003 build)
- King K. Rool (unlockable)
- Candy Kong (2001 build)
- Redneck Kong (2001 build)