Flo returns to her hometown to visit her Grandma Florence to find that the place has become a run-down ghost town. Flo decides to use her culinary skills to rejuvenate the town by improving the restaurants at all the formerly popular hangouts (such as the zoo, ballpark, museum and amusement park.)
New Additions Edit
Players can not only customize their waiter avatar with clothes and accessories (a feature of previous games), but can now create their own restaurants to play through or upload to DinerDash.com for others to download and play.
Diner Dash: Hometown Hero is the first Diner Dash game to feature an online multiplayer mode. Players can compete to see who can earn the most cash by serving more customers, or can work together in a co-operative mode.
Diner Dash: Hometown Hero is also the first Diner Dash to feature micro-transactions. After players have purchased the game, they can pay additional small fees to download new clothing for their avatars, new scenery for their restaurants, and even all-new restaurants to play in Story, Endless and Multiplayer modes. The first new restaurant offered for purchase was Waterpark Madness.
- Young Lady- A young woman who has moderate patience. They eat at moderate speed and they are the most common customers in the game.
- Kindly Senior- An elderly man who is patient, but very slow when eating.
- Cellphone Addict- A post-teen man who speaks on the phone a lot. They annoy customers with their constant chatter, they eat quickly and they have moderate patience.
- Bookworm- An elderly man who has the least tolerance with noise while eating.
- LoveBirds- A loving couple who will only sit at a 2-seater table. They smooch when they get impatient, which annoys other customers.
- Jogger- An athletic woman who listens to music. They don't mind the noise.
- Business Woman- A middle-aged woman who is the most impatient out of the customers.
- Celebrity- A famous man.
- Family- A family of a mother, father, son and baby. When they get impatient, the baby of the family starts crying.
- Food Critic-
- Hal's Workmen- Eats two times, new
- Teenagers- New
- Tourists- Return