Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Developed by independent video game developer   Dark Water Studios based in Derry, Northern Ireland, DogFighter is digitally distributed through Valve's Steam game client for Windows. The game was released on June 14 2010.
DogFighter is the first commercial video game title to use the Instinct Engine.
120 Dedicated Servers and 20 Dedicated Demo Servers went online on August 17 2010, hosted by Multiplay.
DogFighter consists of single-player levels as well as multiplayer maps where players congregate online to play against one another. DogFighter features different aircrafts varying in speed, agility and defense capabilities.
Players can play against up to 15 opponents in multiplayer game modes such as "DeathMatch", "Team DeathMatch" and "Capture the Flag". Single-player modes include a "Tournament" mode where the player can achieve medals for events completed and "Survivor" where they can battle against waves of enemy craft..
Key technological features used in DogFighter include deferred rendering and landscape/outdoor environment technologies.
High Score Productions is credited with sound design, effects and soundtrack.
- ↑ Ransom-Wiley, James. "Dark Water Studios open for business", Joystiq.com, Jan 26, 2007
- ↑ Kennedy, John. "Derry's Dark Water wins critics over with Dogfighter", SiliconRepublic.com, May 26, 2010
- ↑ Callaham, J. "Interview: Dark Water Studios co-founder talks about Dogfighter", http://news.bigdownload.com, June 14, 2010
- ↑ Editor. "Derry computer games studio launches", GamesToaster.com, January 28, 2007
- ↑ French, Michael. "The 10 New Studios To Watch in 2008", Develop, Jan 02, 2008
- ↑ Reporter, Staff. "Londonderry games software firm takes space invaders to the next level", Londonderry Sentinel, June 14, 2010
- ↑ Walker, John. "DogFighter Gets Dedicated Servers, Demo", rockpapershotgun.com, Aug 17, 2010
- ↑ "DogFighter teaser video from Dark Water Studios", Sync NI, February 04, 2010
- ↑ Editor. "New Hot Game DogFighter Launched By Dark Water Studios", PCdistrict.com,
- ↑ Editor. "Dogfighter", High-Score.co.uk, Feb 04, 2010