Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dragon Ball Online (ドラゴンボールオンライン Doragon Bōru Onrain , Korean: 드래곤볼 온라인) (officially abbreviated as DBO) is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game being developed simultaneously in Japan and South Korea by NTL, set in the Dragon Ball universe, first introduced by the Dragon Ball Japanese manga in 1984. Dragon Ball Online takes place on Earth, 216 years after the events at the conclusion of the Dragon Ball manga series. A beta testing of Dragon Ball Online was initially announced to begin in South Korea during the summer of 2007 with a Japanese beta to soon follow, but has been delayed and was slated for the second half of 2009. In March 2009, it was announced that TBWA\Korea obtained the marketing rights for Dragon Ball Online and would run a full-scale marketing campaign from April to August 2009.
Series creator Akira Toriyama has a great deal of creative control over the project, both contributing to and supervising the story and art design, including character and location arrangements. It has been stated that Toriyama has been working on character designs for this project for the last five years.
As with other MMORPG's, players control a character avatar within a persistent game world, where they will be able to explore the landscape, search for the Dragon Balls, train to compete in the Tenkaichi Budokai, aspiring to become like the warriors of legend, as well as interact with NPCs and other players. As in most MMORPGs, players will be able to obtain money and experience which will allow them to level up and obtain new abilities. It is speculated that players may also be able to participate in "Time Machine Quests", in which they will receive guidance from Time Patrol Trunks (タイム・パトロール・トランクス Taimu Patorōru Torankusu ) (also known as Future Trunks), in order to travel back in time and take part in notable aspects of the Dragon Ball history.
Playable Races and Classes
- Martial Artist (??? ??? , Budoka) - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamcha and Krillin. After the players reach level 30 they can become either a Swordsmaster or a Fighter aka Polemaster, in which case they will learn skills using a sword or a polearm, respectively.[ ]
- Spiritualist (??? ??? , Kikoka) - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chiaotzu and Tien.. The level 30 Master classes are Crane Hermit and Turtle Hermit.
- Rumored Class TBA:Engineer - "Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma and her dad." If the class is added to the game anytime soon the level 30 master classes include Gun maniac and Mech Maniac.
Namekian (such as Piccolo or Dende, from planet Namek)
- Dragon Clan (?? ?? , Ryuzoku) - Members of the Namekian support caste, which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende.The level 30 master classes include Poko Priest and Denden Priest.
- Warrior (?? ?? , Senshi) - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.The level 30 master classes include Dark Warrior and Shadow Night.
Majin (like Majin Buu, the magical form created by Bibidi)
- Wonder Majin (??? ??? , Imajin) - Majins that, like the Spiritualists, rely primarily on their spiritual techniques. The level 30 master classes include Plasma Majin and Karma Majin.
- Mighty Majin (??? ??? , Daimajin) - Tough skinned warriors with an abundance of close ranged and tank based techniques. The level 30 classes include Grand Chef Majin and Ultimate Majin.
At level 50 any class/race if they have collected all 7 DragonBalls that drop from mobs, they can summon Shenron and wish to have a super skill. For Humans they wish for Super Human (similar to Super Saiyan). Nameks wish for Great Namek which makes them grow enormously such as Piccolo in the Dragonball Series. Majins can become a form of Kid Buu.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 韓国最新オンラインゲームレポート
- ↑ DRAGONBALL ONLINE -ドラゴンボールオンライン
- ↑ TBWA\Korea wins Dragon Ball
- ↑ Bandai Namco Games, "Dragon Ball Online" Officially Announced, Akira Toriyama to Supervise All Aspects, Service to Start in South Korea in Summer of 2007, Japan in 2008 (バンダイナムコゲームス、「ドラゴンボールオンライン」を正式発表鳥山明氏全面監修、韓国で2007年夏、日本で2008年サービス開始予定)