Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road (ドラゴンクエスト モンスターバトルロード Doragon Kuesutō Monsutā Batoru Rōdo ) is a Japanese arcade game based on Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King released in 2007, only in Japan, using the Taito Type X system. Players battle monsters and can win real-life cards with monster data imprinted on them.
A sequel, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road II Legends, was announced at the 2009 Jump Fiesta in Tokyo.
The game is based around battles with monsters from the Dragon Quest games and heroes from Dragon Quest . The battles take place in a coliseum and the monsters either can come from the game itself or cards the player can insert into the machine itself. The combat itself is very simple and only uses a two-button system.
The machine gives the player a free card at the beginning of a match. These cards can then be used in battle and if the player has one of the rarer cards, a special attack becomes available to be used in battle.
- ↑ Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road (2007). Retrieved on February 26, 2008.
- ↑ Outline of Results Briefing by SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS held on November 7, 2008. Square-Enix.com. Retrieved on 2008-12-20.
- ↑ Ashcraft, Brian (2008-12-01). Dragon Quest IX Playable This Month In Tokyo. Kotaku.com. Retrieved on 2009-01-16.
- ↑ Ricardo Torres (2007). Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road First Look. Retrieved on February 27, 2008.
- Official Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road Japanese website Template:Country data Japan
- Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road at GameFaqs.com