Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dudebro: My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got To Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight Up Dawg Time is a top-down, 3rd-person perspective shooting game which is currently being developed by members of the NeoGAF community. The game is set to be released as a PC format game in late 2010. It is intended to parody modern hardcore videogames, and contrary to its name, is not a sequel to any previously-released game title.
The game follows the story of B.R.O. Alliance Forces members John Dudebro and his sidekick, Habemus Chicken. At the start of the game a briefing with the B.R.O. General takes place, where the protagonists are shown a polaroid picture of the eye-scarred and mustachioed Pesquali on the map. Pesquali is a terrorist known to have been selling illegal weapons in the middle east.
The game is a 3D top-down shooter presented in a 3rd person perspective. The player controls Dudebro's movement with the keyboard and aims with the mouse. Weapons and upgrades are available through the player environment. The gameplay is mission-based, with each map offering a certain number of missions that must be completed in order to unlock the level's boss door. Missions are accessed by touching medal-shaped markers scattered across the map and accepted in a subsequent prompt, and they can involve changes in level design, weapon sets and enemy spawns. Mission objectives can involve killing enemies, doing speedruns, saving girls, finding hidden objects or surviving for a set amount of time. Completing each mission awards the user a medal, and some of them unlock new paths in the level to give the player access to more missions or allow easier backtracking. Completed missions and levels can be replayed anytime, and unlocked paths stay unlocked in subsequent playthroughs.
Dudebro began with an offhand comment by a user named Cuyahoga in a thread with a topic about Babyz Fashion on the NeoGAF forum. The same user made up a title meant to insult another user when he was being accused of being a pedophile. The title was a source of inspiration, and the NeoGAF users Jocchan, Thetrin and Mik2121 took the initiative in the actual conception of the game. They were then followed by a large number of posters who began discussions, collaborating on the ideas and assets for a real game. Eventually, Will Goldstone (who wrote a book on Unity) became involved with programming. The NeoGAF users were able to get Jon St. John to voice Dudebro. St. John is notable for being the voice actor for the character Duke Nukem in the Duke Nukem game franchise. The game is expected to be completed and released in summer 2010. Currently, Dudebro’s application source code is open to all NeoGAF members who are willing to contribute to the game’s improvement. The team is currently looking for new members to speed up the production of visual assets. Recently the name the group of developers use ("Grimoire Assembly Forge") drew threats of a lawsuit because of an alleged copyright infringement of the trademark "Grimoire", a video game developed by game designer Cleveland Mark Blakemore and published by Grimoire Systems Pty. Ltd. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kollar, Phil (February 8, 2010). NeoGAF Dudes Are Making A Game, Bro. Retrieved on February 9, 2010.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Yee, Andrew (February 8, 2010). Grimoire Assembly Forge announces Dudebro II for dudes and bros. Retrieved on February 9, 2010.
- ↑ Pigna, Kris (February 8, 2010). NeoGAF Bringing Dudebro: My S*** is F***ed Up, Etc. to PC. 1 UP.com. Retrieved on February 9, 2010.
- ↑ Grimoire Assembly Forge (July 16, 2010). Chapter Structure. Retrieved on September 13, 2010.
- ↑ Grimoire Assembly Forge (September 13, 2010). Mission Structure and Medals. Retrieved on September 13, 2010.
- ↑ Cuyahoga (December 7, 2009). Original quote from the 'Imagine: Babyz Fashion' thread. Retrieved on February 16, 2010.
- ↑ BabyZ Forum. NEOGAF. Retrieved on 2010-03-26.
- ↑ Various Authors (December 7, 2009). Birth of the 'Dudebro' videogame concept. Retrieved on February 16, 2010.
- ↑ Faylor, Chris (February 8, 2010). 'Dudebro' Coming to PC via NeoGAF Forumites, Features Voice of Duke Nukem. Retrieved on February 9, 2010.
- ↑ Get Involved!. NeoGAF Video. Retrieved on 2010-03-17.
- ↑ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22516467#post22516467
- ↑ http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/previews/grimoire/preview-grimoire.shtml
|32px||This shooter game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|