Issue: Any appropriate images will do.
|E-123 Omega/E-123 Ω|
|Game Series|| Sonic Heroes,|
Sonic Gems Collection (cameo),
Shadow the Hedgehog,
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006),
Sonic Rivals (cameo),
Sonic Rivals 2 (cameo),
Super Smash Bros Brawl (cameo),
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
|First Appearance||Sonic Heroes (2003)|
|Height:||150 cm (4 ft 11 in)|
|Weight:||1230.512 kg (2712.82 lbs)|
|Gender:||N/A (referred to as male)|
|Likes:||Destroying Eggman's robots, Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat.|
|Dis-Likes:||Doctor Eggman, Eggman's robots Mephiles the Dark, being thought of in any way as weak.|
|Family:|| Doctor Eggman (Creator/Father)|
E-Series Robots (Proceeders/Siblings)
|Special Skill(s):|| Omega Machine Gun,|
Blazing Tornado, (can only be performed with Rouge),
Wrecking Ball (can only be used with Big the Cat),
|Creator(s):|| Takashi Iizuka-Concept |
|Voice Actor(s):|| Jon St. John (Game) (2004) |
Andrew Rannells (Game) (2005)
Maddie Blaustein (Game) (2006-present) (NA)
Taiten Kusunoki (Games) (2003-present) (JP)
|Trademark:||Color scheme: Red, black, yellow, green and silver/grey.|
E-123 Omega (オメガ Omega ), or, technically, E-123 Ω, is a fictional robot from the Sonic the Hedgehog video game universe, first appearing as a fully playable character in the multiplatform game Sonic Heroes, which was first released in Japan on December 30th, 2003. Omega was created by Takashi Iizuka and designed and modeled by Nobuhiko Honda at Sonic Team USA.
He bears a strong resemblance to another character in the series, E-102 Gamma (a possible design inspiration), who is part of the same robotics production line in the series. In the games, he was created by Doctor Eggman, and is out to destroy him due to lack of respect and want for revenge. Omega is 150 cm tall (4 ft 11in) and weighs a hefty 1,230.512 kg (2712.77 lbs) making him the heaviest character in the Sonic series.
He has the capital Omega symbol (Ω) painted on the front of his left shoulder, in contrast to all the other E-100s, which had the lowercase Greek letter (ω), possibly representing that he is the most powerful of Eggman's E-Series (though the original set of E-100s from Sonic Adventure had various Greek Symbols). Though they may have used the capital letter because it's far more noticeable and well known than the lowercase.
Omega has helped Shadow (and to a lesser extent, Rouge) in 4 Sonic games, and while not being a major character, is popular enough in his own right and has established himself as a main character. Recently, however, he has made less appearances in Sonic games, as he only seems to be in the mainstream canon games, with the exception of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, as a teammate to Shadow and Rouge.
Omega is the 24th and last of Doctor Eggman's E-100 series robots, debuting in Sonic Heroes. Omega was designed by Eggman to prevent the release of Shadow the Hedgehog, and, in case he failed to control Shadow when he is freed. To accomplish this, Eggman sealed Omega in an abandoned base with Shadow. Being imprisoned infuriated Omega; he decided to prove his status as the most powerful E-Series robot by abandoning his original programming and taking revenge on his creator and all the other machines he built.
When Rouge the Bat went looking for Eggman's secret treasure in his base, she accidentally reactivated E-123 Omega when she released Shadow from a stasis pod. Mistaking Shadow for an Eggman robot and following his new mission, Omega attempted to take out the hedgehog. However, Rouge broke up the fighting long enough to hear both their stories. He soon teamed up with Rouge and Shadow as the power member of Team Dark.
Later, Omega and his team finally defeat Eggman, (Metal Sonic in disguise), and then sets about destroying Eggman's Shadow Androids. Omega later teams up with the other teams against the Metal Overlord. Omega is last seen during that event with Shadow exchanging looks with him and holding Metal Sonic's deactivated body in his arms.
Omega made an appearance in Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), still with the sole intention of getting revenge on Eggman. He assists Shadow in the Hero missions of the "Iron Jungle" and "Lava Shelter" stages by teaming up to destroy Eggman's robots, and helps him battle the "Egg Breaker" and "Egg Dealer" bosses following those stages. In Expert Mode, he talks to Shadow on the "Mad Matrix" and "Lava Shelter" levels, also being some kind of comic relief in the latter, along with Rouge.
It is unknown whether he is considered the hero helper because he is merely less evil than Eggman, or if he has actually reformed to a heroic Eggman-foiling mechanical partner. In the missions that he appears in, the player must either destroy the Egg balloon ("Iron Jungle") or head to the center of Eggman's base ("Lava Shelter") to complete the hero mission. Strangely, whether the player completes the "hero" or "dark" mission for "Lava Shelter", Omega will help Shadow fight the Egg Dealer, despite the "dark" mission being helping Eggman (due to Eggman accusing them of destroying too much of his base).
- NOTE:Omega is the only ally character that neither appears during the introductory trailer or in the Last Story.
Omega appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog with a prominent role in Shadow's story. Upon being sent to the future by Mephiles the Dark, Shadow and Rouge notice Omega in stand-by mode in the "Crisis City" stage. Rouge later goes back to the present alone, where she finds Omega in the Tropical Jungle Zone for unknown reasons, though judging by the throngs of Eggman's robots it can believed Omega was trying to destroy them. Rouge programs him to help Shadow out in the future, in which Omega goes into stand-by mode until the point in the future when Shadow is in trouble. He then wakes up in the future and helps Shadow in a fight against Mephiles, and Shadow and Omega go back to the present. Later on in the game, Mephiles teases Omega by saying that Omega was clearly made to capture Shadow. Angered by this, Omega proceeded to unload his cannons on Mephiles, temporarily defeating him in the process. Omega then reveals somewhat sadly, that he is the one who captured Shadow in the future due to humanity's fear of him.
He is playable in the first Boss battle against Mephiles, Wave Ocean, Dusty Desert and the End of the World stages. He is also playable in the downloadable Very Hard Mission and challenges of Shadow's levels. Including Kingdom Valley, Crisis City, Flame Core, Radical Train, Aquatic Base, Dusty Desert and the boss level against the Egg Genesis in White Acopolis.
Omega's design has changed a lot, with a taller head and bigger shoulders, along with various small details such as less smooth fingers, (making them look somewhat skeletal), giving him a more humanoid appearance. Omega's frontal black stripe has been replaced with a white/silver stripe, making him resemble E-102 Gamma. The stripe also sticks out much more than in previous games. He has a thinner head, with the eyes closer to the stripe. The flap-like things on his sides also look rougher. His hands also look sharper and rather run down.
He walks and moves in a slower, more cumbersome manner like an old fashioned robot, compared to his wild, sometimes erratic, human-like movements in previous games. Unlike Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, he has a higher pitched voice. This is because his voice actor was changed to Maddie Blaustein after Andrew Rannells quit voice acting for 4Kids Entertainment to pursue a stage career. These changes could be because Sonic the Hedgehog has a more realistic style than previous Sonic games.
- Sonic 06 is also the first game to feature Omega without being partnered up with Shadow or Rouge to be playable.
- Omega is the only character to not get a wallpaper of himself.
Omega is one of the 11 playable characters in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood. He is an optional character and has returned to his original design. Firing missiles is his main combat move, which can affect nearby enemies along with the main target. He went to Eggman's city of Metropolis to destroy any robots he could find, but he found the Nocturnus instead. The Marauders had reprogrammed Eggman's old robots to serve them and had sent them to take Omega apart after he had to retreat into a room in north-west Metropolis. The robots were successful, but Shadow was worried about Omega and went in search of him. Shadow then teamed up with Sonic and co. to help find Omega. Omega was found and repaired by Tails, much to the disapproval of Eggman. When Omega saw Eggman, he was going to attack him, but Tails told him that they'd joined forces with Eggman. At first Omega thought Tails had gone mad and suggested destroying him, but Shadow and Rouge confirmed this for Omega. Trusting his friends more than Tails, Omega teams up with Sonic after recharging himself.
In combat, Omega has the highest damage power, and the highest armor, but is also one of the slowest and therefore he only gets one attack per round. He provides most of the end credits for Sonic Chronices, along with Tails and Sonic. Omega also has his own wallpaper which shows Metropolis in the background.
According to EA magazine, Omega was supposed to be playable in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, along with Silver the Hedgehog, Rouge the Bat, Cream the Rabbit, (who was later changed to a referee), and Donkey Kong. All of these characters, except Rouge and Omega, can become playable through hacking. Along with Jet the Hawk, Big the Cat, a Kiki, Birdo, a Goomba, an Egg Pawn, a flying Egg Pawn, a Bullet Bill, a Boo, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy Bee, Lakitu, a Toad and a Bandit.
An alternate universe counterpart of Omega, called the Omega Care Unit, appeared in Sonic the Hedgehog #193, #194 and #195. It is a special medical suit created by Dr. Ivo Kintobor to help Buns Rabbot with her NIDS, the same disease Maria Robotnik had. Buns also uses the suit as a means of protecting Dr. Kintobor until he can find a cure for her, much to the doctor's displeasure. The suit was partially destroyed, however, during a battle with Rosy the Rascal. Buns has also made references to Omega as in-game jokes. For example, during the fight with Rosy, she complains that the care unit's weapons aren't very powerful and says "Ah wish ah'd been outfitted with somethin' a bit more proactive...like a missile launcher or somethin'." An obvious reference to E-123 Omega who has a missile launcher.
Omega Prime is still yet to appear. The writers of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic did once have Omega as a possible character to be introduced in issues following #134, but the idea has been scrapped.
When current head-writer Ian Flynn was asked by a fan on a forum if Omega was appearing in Sonic Universe, because he had stated that Shadow was going to get more of a supporting cast, Ian said that he "cannot confirm or deny Omega being in SU at this present time." He has also stated that he has "concrete plans" for the robot. Leaving hope for the future.
During the Empire City stage in the Xbox 360 version of Sonic Unleashed, you can see street signs with the names Shadow Ave, Rouge St, E-123 Omega Rd, Silver Beach, West Park, Chao Garden and Blaze Rd.
It is currently unknown if Omega will appear in Sonic Chronicles 2, but since he was only optional in the first one, it is very unlikely.
Like E-102 Gamma, Omega has a free will and a personality. However, he is considerably less noble than Gamma; while Gamma destroys only what needs to be destroyed, Omega destroys anything that could possibly pose any kind of threat to him or his mission. From his quotes, he thinks other Eggman robots are inferior to him, dismissing them as "worthless consumer models", especially the E-2000 model. He hates side tracking especially when it comes to tracking down Eggman. Omega is also very prideful and feels embarrassed after he is defeated by less powerful Eggman robots.
It also seems that he lacks any sort of negativity towards Sonic and his friends, and didn't even recognize them during their first meeting in Sonic Heroes, as can be heard when the player finishes the Team Battle using Omega.
Omega's only goals in life are to take revenge on Eggman for disabling him, and destroy the doctor's other robots to prove himself superior. At one point in Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega made a comment about how he would "reign supreme". Some fans have taken these words quite literally, and believe that Omega wants to take over the Eggman Empire and become a robot overlord in the style of Metal Sonic. However, subsequent games have shown this less believable, and it is generally taken to mean that he wishes to reign supreme as the greatest of Eggman's robots, although it should be noted that the Sonic cast acted rather out of character in Shadow the Hedgehog.
Omega is fairly loyal and dependable when you're on his good side, a bit of a holdover from his original purpose as a servant, and he's not incapable of looking past differences to forge alliances. He also genuinely cares for Shadow and Rouge as friends, and was depressed when Mephiles revealed that he will turn against Shadow in the future. In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, when the party encounters him, he tries to attack Eggman, and then Tails when the latter attempts to convince him that Eggman is on their side; he only believes it when Shadow and Rouge tell him so.
Notably, in all of his appearances (barring the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog game, in which he behaved in a very odd manner stereotypical of old robots), he makes odd, often erratic movements, such as spinning his head (as if it's on a 360 degree axis) in many circles, and spinning during confrontations of Eggman in Shadow the Hedgehog. Whether this is a programming flaw or intentional is not revealed. Also in Sonic 06, when Omega is standing still, he makes odd movements as if he's doing warm up exercises.
Omega has a huge array of extremely destructive weapons concealed in his arms, (somewhat similar to that of Grounder from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon), including two rapid-fire machine guns, (Omega Machine Gun), two flamethrowers, (Omega Fire), two missile launchers, (Omega Missile), two unusual weapons that fire exploding drills, and energy cannons similar to those used by the E-2000 robots in Sonic Heroes and likely many more. However, unlike E-102 Gamma, Omega is somewhat inaccurate, (despite the fact that he has some kind of special targeting system), most notably when he is firing many shots in every direction with expectations that some of them will hit. He can also retract his hands in order to attach a spinning Shadow and Rouge in their place, either using the two as melee weapons or firing them as fireballs while in the middle of a jump, (Omega Bazooka). He can perform a similar move without Shadow and Rouge were he just fires destructive fireballs directly at enemies (Omega Launcher). In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, he has two new abilities called Beam Cannon and Temporal Field. With Beam Cannon, Omega fires a powerful yellow laser at his enemy, in turn reducing certain enemies health points by a considerable amount. And he can deploy a purple energy sphere that phases an ally (or himself) and makes that ally hyper with Temporal Field. It has been confirmed that Omega carries gun magazines, as shown in Sonic the Hedgehog. Omega can also utilize jet boosters built in his back to help accelerate and hover. Also in Sonic 06, he can fire bullets, (possibly lasers) using his wrist guns to blow away anything in close range, (Omega Shot).
Here is a list of all of Omega's POW moves in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood along with descriptions about what they do.
- Flamethrower: Omega reconfigures his claws to deliver a fire attack that hits multiple targets.
- Beam Cannon: Omega reconfigures his claws to deliver a devastating laser beam that ignores armor.
- Blazing Tornado: Rouge channels Omega's fire attack into a fiery exploding kick.
- Wrecking Ball: Omega launches Big at a target, causing damage to and possibly distracting adjacent foes.
- Temporal Field: Omega deploys a temporal field that phases a friend and makes that friend hyper.
- Machine Gunner: Omega reconfigures his claws as gatling guns, delivering full-auto attacks to the opposing team.
Like most Sonic characters, but unlike most robots, Omega can jump and turn in a ball, known as the "spinball jump" or "spin attack;" he can also grind on rails like most characters but unlike most robots. Omega is also somewhat fast due to a pair of jet engines located on his back, (fast enough to keep up with Shadow and Rouge to be more precise), that apparently can be used for floating (which he does along with Shadow and Rouge, calling it the Triangle Dive). His walking speed isn't very impressive, but can be boosted by approximately 15% with adamantium double-lubricated actuator joints installed. He has also displayed considerable physical strength, capable of destroying thick doors and giant blocks of stone with his metal fists. Being a robot, he is able to resist certain forms of poisonous gas, psychic manipulation and electrical currents that most of the other characters cannot pass through.
In Sonic Heroes, Omega is able to use his team's Team Blast, "Chaos Inferno", with Rouge and Shadow, which involves Rouge holding up Omega while he blasts everything around him with large purple energy beams and Shadow stops time with Chaos Control.
His built-in arm weapons are somewhat changed in Sonic the Hedgehog. He can now fold out guns all around his wrists instead of just replacing his hands with them (although it is a possibility that Omega has had this ability for a while; in Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega prepares to fire at Eggman without retracting his hand). He can instead replace his hands with two powerful black Gatling gun like cannons.
Omega appears to be water proof as he doesn't short circuit in Frog Forest, Lost Jungle or Charyb's lair when it's full of water, but he does die when he falls into the water of Wave Ocean like many other characters in Sonic 06. He also has some kind of built in sensor that allows him to locate enemies, lifeforms and other various objects such as switches.
Omega, though one of the more powerful characters, has a few flaws that have hindered him, and may do so again in the future. It is likely that he cannot swim, so water may pose a problem.
He is also one of the slowest characters in the series, which makes him an easy hit should he come in contact with a foe such as Sonic, which is surprising as he was made to capture the equally fast Shadow. Although his speed increases considerably when he uses his jet boosters.
Omega is also known to act before thinking, usually charging head-first into battle without any given strategy. This is Shadow's theory of how he could have been captured in Metropolis by the Marauders, in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Omega can be equipped with a large amount of claw and hydraulic upgrades that can only be used by him.
Below is a full list of all of Omega's claw upgrades in alphabetical order along with information about what they do and their stats. None of them appear until the fifth chapter of Sonic Chronicles when Omega becomes playable.
- Blunt Claws: Standard grade work claws. Slightly increases damage.
- Cursed Claws: Prototype combat claws. Difficult to control, but very powerful. Very greatly increases damage. Attack -2, Defense -2.
- Grapple Claws: Standard grade, durable and reliable combat claws. Moderately increases damage. Attack +2.
- Iron Claws: Extra durable work claws combine protection with power. Moderately increases damage, slightly increases armor.
- Serrated Claws: Aggressive, razor sharp combat claws that require caution to use. Greatly increases damage. Attack +1.
- Spiny Claws: Needle-like claws that tear through steel. Greatly increases damage.
- Titanium Claws: Master grade combat claws providing superior overall combat power. Greatly increases damage. Attack +2, Defense +2.
Below is a full list of all of Omega's hydraulic upgrades in alphabetical order along with information about what they do and their stats.
- Dura-Hydraulics: Double reinforced parts for maximum durability. Greatly increases armor.
- Iron Hydraulics: Hardened metal for durability and greater hitting power. Moderately increases armor.
- Master Hydraulics: Premium grade materials providing the best defence and armor. Greatly increases armor. Defense +1.
- Oily Hydraulics: Well lubricated and lightweight parts for more agility. Slighly increases armor. Defense +3.
- Rusty Hydraulics: Leftover parts from disassembled E-100 series robots. Moderately increases armor but decreases defence. They are used by Miles "Tails" Prower to repair Omega after he's attacked by the Marauders. Defense -2.
Omega rarely shows feelings other than cold hatred, very different from Gamma's calm and obedient personality, but there are a few occasions where he seems to care about other people.
Shadow and Omega are close allies. In fact, Shadow is perhaps Omega's closest friend and is even seen worrying over his well being, (which is quite odd for Shadow as he usually keeps a tight lid on his emotions).
In Shadow the Hedgehog, Omega does not attempt to stop or destroy Shadow when Eggman claims that Shadow is an android that he created, despite Omega's hatred of other Eggman robots. This is further shown in Sonic the Hedgehog where Shadow and Rouge encounter Omega in the future in standby mode. After Rouge notes that they can't do anything for him, Shadow seems to show reluctance about leaving. Also, in Sonic the Hedgehog, Omega shows anger at Mephiles' hinting of Omega's future betrayal towards Shadow, and proceeds to attack him. Omega then shows sadness while revealing that his mission in the future was to capture Shadow.
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Shadow joins Sonic's team to find Omega, even calling Omega his friend and showed respect towards him, (which is most irregular for Shadow), and shows anger if you refuse to rescue him. He also joins up with Omega to perform a POW move called Focus Field, where the two of them strike an enemy together, with Shadow using Chaos Blast and Omega attacking with his machine guns. Shadow also teams up with all three members of Team Dark to perform another POW move called Metal Storm. Which involves Shadow levitating Omega into the air and Rouge kicks him at an enemy.
Omega and Shadow also seem to have a friendly rivalry of who is the more powerful, similar to that of Sonic and Knuckles, with Omega saying it's him. Technically, Omega is right in the fact that he has more physcial power than Shadow, but which of the two is a better fighter is not confirmed. Shadow is the ultimate lifeform, but Omega is not a lifeform, so it is really a toss-up. They seem to be evenly matched in their only battle when they first meet in Sonic Heroes, but it is revealed in Sonic 06 that Omega was made to contain Shadow from escaping Dr. Eggman's base where he was being held and actually captured Shadow in the future, so it's likely that Omega could defeat Shadow like he did in Sonic 06.
Omega is very loyal to Rouge. He usually follows her orders without question and is also quite caring about her. This is shown at the end of Sonic Heroes, in which Omega comforts an upset Rouge — albeit in a distant, matter-of-fact manner.
In Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, she supports Shadow's joining because she doesn't want Omega to be alone. She shows that she has got tired of Omega's serious nature, him always wanting revenge and her having to listen to him ramble on about it constantly.
She is part of Omega's POW move called Blazing Tornado, where he covers Rouge in fire with his flamethrower and she then kicks an enemy with fire damage. She also teams up with both Shadow and Omega during Shadow's Metal Storm POW move, where Shadow levitates Omega into the air and Rouge kicks him at an enemy.
Eggman is both Omega's creator and greatest enemy. Omega is constantly trying to get revenge on the doctor for imprisoning him and will do whatever it takes to prove himself superior to Eggman's other machines. However, Omega has passed up his feelings of revenge when he is needed to take out a bigger threat, such as the Metal Overlord, Solaris or the Marauders.
The two might have only met once but the fact that Metal Sonic is one of Eggman's robots indicates that he and Omega are definitely enemies, (even going far enough for Omega to pass up his feelings of revenge).
They first meet in Sonic Heroes (after Omega finished destroying a room full of Shadow Androids), where Omega helped to defeat Metal Sonic after he turned into the Metal Overlord along with his fellow team members. He is later seen exchanging looks with Shadow and holding a deactivated Metal Sonic in his arms. It is unknown what they did with Metal Sonic or how Eggman Nega managed to get Metal and take control of him.
Omega has a brief encounter with the Marauders, but seeks revenge against them after they disabled and humiliated him by taking him apart with inferior machines. He doesn't seem to want vengeance on Shade the Echidna though.
Mephiles is one of Omega's greatest enemies, (possibly coming second to Doctor Eggman himself). When they first meet, Omega saved Shadow by distracting Mephiles with his machine guns in Flame Core, after coming out of stand-by mode in Crisis City. They then engaged in battle and Omega and Shadow prove victorious. Mephiles then escapes to the present with Shadow and Omega in hot pursuit. Mephiles escapes but Omega and Shadow keep looking for Mephiles.
Omega later finds and defeats Mephiles once again in Wave Ocean. Mephiles then revealed to Omega that he knew the he was the one responsible for imprisoning Shadow in the future. Enraged by this, Omega then proceeded to attack Mephiles with his machine guns. He then revealed this to Shadow and Rouge.
Omega then sets off with the other members of Team Dark in to Dusty Desert, determined as ever to seal Mephiles before he can merge with Iblis. He and the others arrive too late, and then engage Mephiles in a final showdown. They prove victorious yet again, but they fail to seal Mephiles using the new Scepter of Darkness. Mephiles then creates an army of copies of himself, and Team Dark destroy them while Mephiles escapes.
Later, Omega and the others are transported to an unknown location by Solaris. He then helps the others retrieve the Chaos Emeralds to save Sonic's soul. He later watched Super Sonic, Super Silver and Super Shadow erase Solaris from existence, thus erasing Mephiles from existence as well.
Omega harbors a deep hatred to all of the E-Series robots, (especially the E-2000 which Eggman began working on shortly after shutting Omega down.) Omega is determined to destroy all the E-Series and any other of Eggman's robots which he dismisses as "worthless consumer models".
Although Omega has never actually been seen with any of his "brothers," he does indicate that he knows of their existence and he thinks them as his inferiors.
During Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Omega is repaired by Tails using old robot parts from the disassembled E-100 Series that were installed in Eggman's old flying Laser Drones that had been reprogrammed to serve the Marauders.
Sonic and friends
Although Omega has worked with Sonic and co. on numerous occasions, according to Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood he only helps them because either Shadow or Rouge are involved in the matter.
He lacks any real relationship with any of them and it is likely several of them don't even know who he is, as Omega is one of the few characters in the series to barely have any social interaction with Sonic and his friends. In fact, the closest interaction he's had with any of them is when Tails repairs Omega in Sonic Chronicles, which could be considered non-canon since he is only optional and plays no major part in the story, so his largest canonical interaction would be when he fought teams Sonic and Chaotix.
This lack of interaction is most likely due to the fact that Omega is a "Team Dark-exclusive" character, only appearing in games and storylines that involve both Shadow and Rouge, whom both only have minor interactions with Sonic and friends.
Omega seems to lack any negativity towards G.U.N., and doesn't seem to want anything to do with them, such as in the game Shadow the Hedgehog, where he tells Shadow to ignore the G.U.N. robots in the Iron Jungle stage, (but this may be because he was more concerned with finding Eggman or actually cared about them being destroyed). He does however, seem to look down on human government affairs, and sees them as a nuisance, if anything.
Omega Care Unit
So far Omega has only appeared in the Sonic video game series, but an alternate universe robotic suit called the Omega Care Unit has appeared in the Archie series. The Omega Care Unit looks a lot like Omega, except it's blue, has green eyes, has the peace sign on both its shoulders instead of just the capital Omega symbol (Ω) on the front it's left, has metal circles on its wrist instead of spikes, the triangle symbols with lines on Omega's arms and flaps are replaced with circles and the care unit uses it's claws along with stunning weapons instead of destructive.
The Omega Care Unit was built by Dr. Ivo Kintobor to prolong Buns Rabbot's life after she developed Neuro-Immuno Deficiency Syndrome. Buns mistook Sonic for Scourge and attacked him and Amy Rose, after they came out of a dimensional portal into Julian's home to try and find assistance against the Suppression Squad. She later accompanies Sonic and Amy to the alternate version of Castle Acorn to find Rosy the Rascal to help stop Scourge.
The care unit is patially destroyed, however, when Buns tried to protect the stolen Globe Posts from Rosy and lost. Luckily, the suit still had some power left that she used to fly out of the Anti Castle Acorn and back to Dr. Kintobor's tower.
There is a good chance that Omega will appear in the upcoming Sonic Universe which is set to be released in February 2009. As current writer Ian Flynn has stated that he planned on giving Shadow the Hedgehog a larger supporting cast and that there will be a new character in Sonic Universe.
If Omega does appear, there is quite a big possibility that he might also appear in the main Sonic the Hedgehog comic as Sonic Universe ties in with it.
Omega has a mixed reception from fans. Some see Omega simply as a bad remake of E-102 Gamma, that he is just a filler for Team Dark, saying that both Gamma and his story are much more complex than Omega, although some like that because they think quite a few Sonic characters are too complex, like Shadow the Hedgehog for example.
Some see him as a fun character not really needed to the plot and acts as a sort of comedy relief to the games he's in. Fans also think of Omega as not being very developed because he seems to add nothing to the series besides trying to kill Eggman endlessly.
All in all, Omega is a character who has little fanbase, but few people view the character in a negative manner.
- Video games - Taiten Kusunoki (Japanese)
- Sonic Heroes - Jon St. John (English)
- Shadow the Hedgehog - Andrew Rannells (English)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) - Maddie Blaustein (English)
- In Sonic Heroes, Omega has a purple aura around him while jumping. In Shadow the Hedgehog, it is red. In Sonic the Hedgehog he has no aura, and simply jumps using his jets, without spinning.
- It is possible that he is not powered by an animal like the rest of the E-Series robots, (with the exception of E-121 Phi and Zero). As he was in standby mode for over two hundred years in Sonic the Hedgehog, therefore the animal would have died by then. Although he does mention something about a back-up power source.
- In the Challenge Mode of Sonic Heroes, Omega's eyes appear white while ordinarily they are red.
- In the Xbox 360 version of Sonic the Hedgehog, in the scene where Shadow and Omega return from the future, if you look closely above the purple portal you can see Omega on top of it before he comes out of it.
- In Sonic Heroes, using the metal character cheat in 2P mode, still affects Omega despite the fact that he is already made out of metal.
- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood marks a great deal for Omega. It marks the first time he's ever been playable on a handheld Sonic game, the first time he hasn't had a voice actor in a game he's playable in, the first time he's ever been playable outside a main series game and his first appearance on the Nintendo DS.
- After you win a battle with Omega in your team in Sonic Chronicles, he turns his upper body around and the stripe on his torso is replaced by a thin line.
- The capital Omega symbol (Ω) on Omega's shoulder keeps changing. In Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, the Omega symbol is on the front of his left shoulder and back of his right, in Sonic 06 it's just on the front of his left and in Sonic Chronicles it's on both sides of his shoulders.
- Andrew Rannells also voiced Gamma in Sonic X, though his voice of Omega was different from Gamma's higher pitched Sonic X voice and sounded remarkably like Jon St. John's, making many fans believe it was the same person.
- During a battle in Charyb's lair, the player can see air bubbles coming out of Omega even though he can't breath.
- Omega's first voice actor, Jon St. John was also the voice of Big the Cat and Duke Nukem from the series of the same name.
- Many people believe that Omega's stripe was originally white/grey/silver when it is actually black. This is because of how shiny the characters were in Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, so what they were actually seeing was the shine off of Omega's stripe instead of the actual colour. This does not include Sonic 06 where it actually is white/grey/silver.
- E-123 Omega hasn't been in Sonic X, but he will be.
In addition to information taken from the Sonic the Hedgehog games themselves, content from the instruction booklets of the U.S. and Japanese versions of the games were also used as references for this article.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 E-123 Omega's Official Translated Character Profile..
- ↑ "Page 102". Electronic Gaming Monthly (Ziff Davis Media) (#169). August, 2003.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) Xbox 360 E-123 Omega: The X button will fire an Omega Shot to blow away anything in close range.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Omega's bio from the Sonic Heroes manual
- ↑ IGN: Sonic Heroes Profiles: Team Dark
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) [After Shadow activates a "Hint Ring" in the Expert mode of Lava Shelter.] Rouge the Bat: So, Shadow, how are you holding up? You're doing great! Only four stages left! [Rouge is cut off by Omega.] E-123 Omega: This is Eggman's secret base. I will defeat him, and prove that I am the strongest! [Omega is cut off by Rouge.] Rouge: Omega, cut it out! Don't you have anything better to do?! Omega: Ohh...
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) [Shadow and Rouge notice Omega] Rouge the Bat: Omega! What's he doing here? [Shadow opens Omega's panel on his back and begins typing.] Shadow the Hedgehog: It seems he's in stand by mode.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) [After Rouge explains what's going on to Omega.] E-123 Omega: Situation understood. What would you like me to do? [Rouge pulls out Chaos Emerald.] Rouge the Bat: Take this, and deliver it to Shadow. [Omega takes Takes Emerald.] E-123 Omega: System reactivation countdown iniated. Backup power source and spare magazines secured. Command program priority changed. New mission: Shadow Support. External access no longer permitted. Confirmed. Rouge the Bat: I'm counting on you. [Omega walks away.]
- ↑ This compared to this.
- ↑ Preview: Sonic Chronicles The Dark Brotherhood - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood [After they enter the room with Omega inside.] Shadow the Hedgehog: Wait! That's Omega! I knew it! Those Marauder goons. We have to-- [Robots enter.] Miles "Tails" Prower: Later! Someone's coming! Shadow: Good. I need to smash something. [...] Shadow: Omega! Doctor Eggman: Oh, don't waste your time on this one. He's been a thorn in my side for years! Shadow: Quiet, Eggman, or I promise you I'll-- Tails: He's still functioning! Just heavily damaged. But I think I can... Yes! With the parts from those guardian robots, I can repair him! Shadow: Do it. [...] Shadow: Omega! Can you hear me? E-123 Omega: SYSTEMS COMING ONLINE -- E-123 OMEGA BEGINNING REACTIVATION PROTOCOL. Rouge the Bat: If I had a nickel for every time I heard that... E-123 Omega: EGGMAN DETECTED. BEGINNING ANNIHILATION SEQUENCE. Tails: No! Omega, Eggman is on our side! E-123 Omega: ORANGE FOREST CREATURE HAS GONE MAD. RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION. Shadow: No, Omega. He's right. Eggman is helping Team Sonic against the Marauders. Rouge:As hard as it is to believe. E-123 Omega: THERE IS NO REASON TO DOUBT SHADOW OR ROUGE. THERE IS NO REASON TO TRUST THE REST OF THESE MEATBAGS. Tails: What happened to you, Omega? E-123 Omega: I CAME HERE TO DESTROY ALL OTHER EGGMAN ROBOTS. BUT I WAS SURROUNDED BY STRANGE CREATURES AND FORCED TO FLEE. THE COWARDS FOLLOWED ME. THEY MADE THEIR ROBOTS DISMANTLE ME WHILE I WAS HELPLESS. DISASSEMBLED BY INFERIOR MACHINES. IT WAS EMBARRASING. Shadow: Come with us, Omega. We're going to destroy the Marauders for what they did to you. E-123 Omega: YES. THEY WILL BE DESTROYED FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME. Rouge: Ugh. Again with the emotionless revenge. It just gets tired. Tails: Let's go, team! Eggman: Yes. We have much work to do! E-123 Omega: I MUST TAKE TIME TO RECHARGE BEFORE COMMENCING REVENGE. Shadow: The stronghold in the Underground, Omega. You can recharge there. Eggman: I never agreed to allow that faulty machine to-- Shadow: Silence, Eggman. Now. E-123 Omega: I WILL GO TO THE UNDERGROUND TO RECHARGE. YOU WILL FIND ME THERE IF YOU NEED ME. Shadow: We'll get the Marauders for what they did to you, my friend. Let's get to it. The Marauders must pay.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Extract about E-123 Omega from the codex of Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- E-123 Omega is the last of Eggman's E-series robots. Rouge released him when she released Shadow from his stasis pod, at which point Omega, believing the hedgehog to be another one of Eggman's creations, attacked Shadow. Rouge managed to end the fight long enough to find out that Omega was angry at Eggman for imprisoning him in the abandoned base with Shadow. At that moment, Omega joined up with Rouge and Shadow to form Team Dark. Since then, he has longed for a change to take vengeance on Eggman and prove that he is the strongest of Eggman's machines.
- Omega can be harsh and ruthless, but he does have free will, something that Eggman's robots tend to lack. While he rarely shows emotion beyond hatred and desire for revenge, Omega is capable of feeling loyalty and friendship, as he considered his Team Dark teammates to be friends. Whenever he teams up with Sonic, it's not because he likes Sonic, but because Shadow is part of the team.
- In combat, Omega has the highest damage power and armor of all characters in the game. He is so slow, however, that he only gets one attack per round.
- ↑ Omega's official Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood wallpaper
- ↑ Screenshot from Sonic Battle
- ↑ Screenshot from Sonic Rivals.
- ↑ Screenshot from Sonic Rivals.
- ↑ Scan of EA games magazine.
- ↑ Screenshots from a hacked European version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- ↑ Screenshot from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog#193 - ComiXology
- ↑ Scan of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #194
- ↑ Sonic HQ Comics Info - Karl Bollers' SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: One Year Later...
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 BumbleKing Comics :: View topic - Ask Ian for OCT'08 - On Moebius, Iain asks You!
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 BumbleKing Comics :: View topic - Ask Ian for NOV'08 - Beware the Werehog
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (2000) E-123 Omega: Multiple targets detected on raday! Eliminate all threats!
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) [After getting an A rank.] E-123 Omega: I am Omega, the ultimate E-Series robot!
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: The E-2000! So they're in production. I'll destroy them!
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) [To Shadow and Rouge.] E-123 Omega: Warning... Immediate destruction if distracted.
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Sonic Heroes (2003) [After entering Casino Park.] E-123 Omega: Our top priority is Eggman. Done't forget that. No time to waste. Rouge the Bat: You're too serious, Omega.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) [After defeating Team Sonic with Omega.] E-123 Omega: Group of Shadow-like beings destroyed!
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) E-123 Omega: Doctor Eggman, I will destroy you and reign supreme!
- ↑ Gameplay footage from Sonic the Hedgehog. (2:18 for Omega.)
- ↑ IGN 1
- ↑ IGN 2
- ↑ IGN 3:Through Omega's eyes. Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) PS3 E-123 Omega: Press and hold down the square button to lock on to targets.
- ↑ This is shown when Omega and Shadow the Hedgehog fought after they first laid eyes upon each other.
- ↑ IGN 4
- ↑ Information taken from the Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game manual.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ IGN 5
- ↑ IGN 6
- ↑ IGN 7
- ↑ Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) [To Sonic.] E-123 Omega: ARE ADAMANTIUM DOUBLE-LUBRICATED ACTUATOR JOINTS CAPABLE OF BOOSTING MY GROUNDSPEED BY APPROXIMATELY 15%? Sonic: Uh... E-123 Omega: THE ANSWER IS YES TO BOTH QUESTIONS.
- ↑ Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) [After the Voxai Overmind tries to take control of Omega.] E-123 Omega: PSYCHIC INTERFERENCE DETECTED. MOVING TO ADAPT.
- ↑ This is evidenced by Omega having grade two invulnerability in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) PC version. [After activating a Hint Ring.] E-123 Omega: Activate Team Blast, Chaos Inferno, by pressing the Z Button when the gauge displayed at the top right of the screen if full. Once activated, you can immobilize the enemies, but only for the time remaining in the gauge.
- ↑ Screenshot from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Cutscene from Shadow the Hedgehog.
- Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: Enemies detected 200 metres ahead. Initiating battle mode!
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [After Doctor Eggman appears.] Shadow the Hedgehog: What do you think Omega? E-123 Omega: Sensors jammed. Real Eggman ID not possible.
- Sonic Heroes (2004) [In Frog Forest.] E-123 Omega: Detecting a frog in the vicinity.
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2000) E-123 Omega: Detecting Eggman prescence with Egg Balloon! Prescence confirmed!
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) E-123 Omega: Mephiles detected. Position K31. Pursue and engage.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) E-123 Omega: Switch detected ahead. I will push the switch. Shadow wait here.
- ↑ Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) Shadow the Hedgehog: What do you want, Sonic? Sonic the Hedgehog: Tell me about what happened to E-123 Omega. Shadow: I don't know. We've lost touch. But knowing him, he likely detected Eggman robots in Metropolis and went there to destroy them. He's always wanted to be the toughest robot of all, and he'll take any chance to prove his strength. Sonic: Do you think he's in trouble? Shadow: Omega's strong, but he's not invincible. And he's hardheaded enough to charge into danger without thinking. If something happened to him, I will be very upset. Sonic: Where do you think he is? Shadow: The device I had when you found me was some kind of tracker, and it said he was in Metropolis. It couldn't tell me where, exactly. So either the device was useless, or Omega's not giving off a signal anymore. That worries me. Sonic: We'll find him. Shadow: If those Marauders have done something to him, they have no idea what's coming to them. I'll stick with you until we find Omega, Sonic. But don't expect me to join in on your group hugs and picnics. I'll be ready when it's time to go.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 Shadow the Hedgehog: Ok, we'll find Omega soon. Hang in there...
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) Doctor Eggman: Shadow and Omega? Why you traitors! You two are going to stop me??!! Move aside! [Shadow puts out hand to stop Omega attacking Eggman.] Shadow the Hedgehog: Doctor, please I need to know...those androids...the ones that look like me, am I... Doctor Eggman: Yes! Shadow the Hedgehog: What? Doctor Eggman: You and Omega are my creations! But you betray me as you stand here before me! So now...I will destroy BOTH, turning you into scrap metal! [Shadow falls to the ground with shock.] E-123 Omega: Eggman...I will defeat you once and for all!
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ 54.0 54.1 Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood Shadow the Hedgehog: The Marauders? Why would I work for them? I've been searching for E-123 Omega. But ever since I got here, these Marauders have been coming out of nowhere to stop me. I've decided to give any Marauders I find a severe beating. To put it mildly. Sonic the Hedgehog: What happened to Omega? Shadow: E-123 Omega is one of Eggman's most powerful robots. Unlike Eggman's other robots, however, Omega was... intelligent. He hated Eggman. Omega was trying to track down Eggman. I've searched all of Eggman's old hideouts for Omega, but no luck. I think maybe Omega went into Metropolis and he got disabled somehow. I was on my way to find him when you stopped me. Sonic: Why were you looking for him? Shadow: Because a powerful and friendly Eggman robot is a valuable ally. Even the likes of you should understand that. More than that, though, he was my friend. And I won't let a friend rust in Metropolis at the hands of those Marauders.
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) [After Shadow activates a "Hint Ring" in the Expert mode of Mad Matrix.] E-123 Omega: Shadow. I hear you're engaged in some training. You know you'll never be stronger then me! If you think so...then I challenge you to find and access all four of the world's databases.
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic Heroes
- ↑ Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (2008) Rouge the Bat: [To Sonic.] "I want to help, Big Blue. I hate to think of Omega out there alone, when he could be with us, blowing stuff up."
- ↑ This is seen at the end of Sonic Heroes, Sonic 2006 and during Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, where Omega does not attack Eggman even though he has the perfect opportunity.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: New target acquisition. Sights locked on: Metal Sonic.
- ↑ Screenshot from Sonic Heroes.
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) E-123 Omega: Terminate all Eggman robots regardless of their purpose!
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) [After destroying 3 of Eggman's robots.] E-123 Omega: Worthless consumer models.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes (2004) [After getting an E rank in Sonic Heroes with Omega.] E-123 Omega: I couldn't even beat Gamma or Beta.
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (game) (2005) [After Shadow the Hedgehog destroys GUN robots.] E-123 Omega: We are here to face 'Eggman!'
- ↑ Shadow the Hedgehog (game) (2005) [After Shadow the Hedgehog destroys GUN robots.] E-123 Omega: Do not concern yourself with them!
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog.
- ↑ Scan of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #193
- ↑ Scan of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #193
- ↑ Scan of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #193
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (comic): #193
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (comic): #194
- ↑ Scan of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #195
- ↑ THIS FEBRUARY, ARCHIE TAKES SONIC FANS FULL CIRCLE WITH THE NEW "SONIC UNIVERSE" SERIES!
- ↑ BumbleKing Comics :: View topic - Sonic Universe - Exclusive Early Info
- ↑ E-123 Omega - =SSMB= at the Sonic Stadium.
- ↑ Taiten Kusunoki at the Anime News Network.
- ↑ Jon St. John at the Internet Movie Database.
- ↑ Andrew Rannells at the Internet Movie Database.
- ↑ Maddie Blaustein at the Internet Movie Database.
- ↑ Sonic Heroes Triple Threat Vocal Trax
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic the Hedgehog
- ↑ Cutscene from Sonic Heroes.
- ↑ Official artwork of Omega in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- E-123 Omega at Sonic Channel
- E-123 Omega Concept: "Mobius" (REAL Character Profile)
- Sonic City E-123 Omega
|This "Sonic"-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
Stubs are articles that writers have begun work on, but are not yet complete enough to be considered finished articles.
| Sonic series|
|Sonic · Tails · Knuckles · Amy · Cream · Silver · Big · Chaotix (Vector, Espio, Charmy, Mighty) · Blaze · Tikal|
|Shadow · Rouge · E-123 Omega · Chaos · E-102 Gamma · Emerl|
|Dr. Eggman · Metal Sonic · Fang the Sniper · Biolizard · Chaos 0 · Chaos 2 · Chaos 4 · Chaos 6 · Perfect Chaos · Zero|
|Chao · Maria Robotnik|
|This article uses content from Wikipedia. The original aricle can be found at E-123 Omega. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Encyclopedia Gamia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 (unported) license.|