Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
East India Company is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Finnish company Nitro Games and published by Paradox Interactive. It was released on July 31, 2009 in North America with an August 14, 2009 scheduled release date for Europe.
The game is based on the history of European conquest of South Asia and Southeast Asia by means of their East India Companies. In the game, the player takes on the role of the Governor Director of the East Indies. The task is to conquer the East Indies and establish a trade empire to rule over all others.
The game features real-time naval combat when enemy ships engage the player's fleets, and real-time land combat when the enemy tries to invade one of the player's colonies. East India Company combines trading, naval warfare, and management. Players can create a fleet to conquer the enemy with powerful warships and privateers.
There are eight playable nations to choose from: Britain, France, The Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Holy Roman Empire and Spain. Tasks may be given by the company or the crown to do various missions including diplomacy, war, and trade. The game is mainly based in India.
The Designer's Cut was made available for download on October 27th 2009. It offers several additional features.
The game was greeted with mixed reviews, registering an average of 67% on Metacritic. IGN said that "players who are interested in the concept or the period will definitely find a worthwhile game here, but the appeal wears thin long before it should have". IT Reviews agreed, stating that the game was "a fun short-term challenge, just lacking the depth of play to ensure a lengthy shelf life". Total PC Gaming magazine called it "an enjoyable trading and strategy experience, let down by lacklustre combat" (Issue 23).
- ↑ "East India Company Sets Sail". Paradox Interactive. 2009-07-31. http://www.paradoxplaza.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=571. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- ↑ East India Company Announced (English). IGN (March 20, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-03-21.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 East India Company Prepares for Voyage. IGN (July 21, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- ↑ EIC press release. Retrieved on 2009-03-20.
- ↑ Paradox Interactive press release. Retrieved on 2009-03-20.
- ↑ http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/100/1009404p1.html IGN
- ↑ http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g608.htm IT Reviews