In July 2009, Eidos was absorbed into Square Enix's new European division Square Enix Europe and its development studios were taken over by that organization as well as Square Enix, Inc. The Eidos publishing franchise ended around 2010.
- Crystal Dynamics in Redwood City, California, founded in 1992, acquired in 1998.
- IO Interactive in Copenhagen, Denmark, founded in 1998.
- Eidos Montreal in Canada, founded in 2007
- Beautiful Game Studios in London, England, started in 2003
- Eidos Shanghai in China, started in 2008
- Rocksteady (25.1%)
- Eidos Hungary in Hungary, founded in 2005, closed October 2009.
- Pivotal Games in Bath, England, founded in March 2000, acquired by SCi on 29 September 2003, closed 22 August 2008.
- Core Design in Derby, England, founded in 1988, acquired by Eidos on 1996, closed 11 May 2006.
- Ion Storm Inc. in Texas, founded in 1996, acquired by Eidos on July 2001, closed 9 February 2005.