• Volumetric Liquid System - Blood will drench the lush surroundings when the player slice up the enemies multiple times in a frenzied attack. They are also able to slide through the pools of blood and melt their enemies using Acid Potions.
• Dynamic Slicing Technology (or Salami Violence)–Players have full control over how & when to slice and dice their enemies.
• Based on Unreal Engine 3 - Fairytale Fights is based on the Unreal Engine 3.
• Multiplayer–In Fairytale Fights, player can fight with friends and foes both on and offline with drop-in-drop-out gameplay.
• Huge Arsenal of Weapons - Featuring over 140 weapons, player are able to eliminate foes in multiple ways from slicing and dicing, freezing, burning, etc.
• Multiple Difficulties–Fairytale Fights features 3 difficulty levels.
Fairytale Fights received mainly poor reviews, with a 51% average score on the Xbox 360 format on Metacritic. Some critics were more positive about it, such as Games Master magazine in the UK, which called it "a likeable, if slight, slice of gory Brothers Grimm gaming". However, many sources were considerably more scathing. IT Reviews said that "the dodgy controls combined with some awkward camera viewpoints, plus the overly repetitive levels, slowly sap much of the joy from the experience". GameSpot went further, criticising the game's lack of pacing, lousy boss fights and "shallow, repetitive combat".
A considerable number of glitches marred the Xbox360 release in particular, leading to less than positive reviews before the much delayed patch was eventually released . Until the game was patched, several achievements were unobtainable and multiplayer was severely affected, something which has now been remedied.
Andy Eddy of Team Xbox also added that Fairytale Fights's "annoyingly bad game design" held it back from being a better game. Eddy went on to say "Sadly, [Fairytale Fights] gimmicks aren’t strong enough to maintain the game across its entirety."
- ↑ Official Forum Soundtrack Post. Retrieved on 2009-09-01
- ↑ Goldstein, Hilary (May 4, 2009). Fairytale Fights Revealed. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-05-05
- ↑ Callaham, John (April 28, 2009). Playlogic announces Fairytale Fights. Big Download. Retrieved on 2009-05-05
- ↑ Fairytale Fights Gameplay Footage
- ↑ Fairytale Fights First Impressions. Gaming Union (Aug 26, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-08-26
- ↑ http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g642.htm IT Reviews
- ↑ http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/fairytalefights/review.html GameSpot
- ↑ http://www.gaminglives.com/2009/10/23/fairytale-fights/ GamingLives Review - Fairytale Fights
- ↑ http://www.teamxbox.com/