Fishdom is a puzzle game developed and published by Playrix Entertainment in 2008 . Five sequels to the game were released: Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey, a hidden object spin-off of the title, in April 2009 , Fishdom: Spooky Splash, a Halloween-themed match-3 sequel to the franchise, in October 2009 , Fishdom Frosty Splash, a Christmas themed installment of the original game, and Fishdom: Harvest Splash, a farm-themed match-3 installment of the original game. In May 2010, Fishdom 2 was released, with improved graphics and new levels. .
The objective of the game is to fix up a virtual aquarium. Players need money to buy fish, accessories and comfort items for their tank earning it while completing match-3 levels (or Hidden Object levels in Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey).
Players need to create matches of three or more in a row by clicking on adjacent pieces to swap them around, and make matches over the golden tiles to collect them. The level is over when all of the golden tiles are earned. Some tiles are silver, and these squares must be matched over twice to get cleared. A locked tile, indicated by a chain across it, can only be freed by matching it with other available tiles. Some tiles are double-locked, to break the chains one needs to match them twice. Bonus points are given when more than three identical pieces are formed.
One can earn a variety of explosive power-ups when five or more tiles are matched simultaneously. To use a power-up players need to double-click on it or swap it with any other tile. Firecrackers destroy everything within a one tile radius, and appear as a result of five or more matching, falling tiles. Depth bombs are earned by matching five tiles, and knock out everything in a two tile radius, while dynamite charges can clear out everything in a three tile radius, and are earned by making a match of more than six tiles. Warheads can be earned by matching seven or more tiles. The most powerful power-up is the lightning bonus, which is earned by using seven explosives on a game level.
The game is timed, as shown by the bar on the right.
- Great Game Awards Nominee: Top Match-3 (RealGames, RealNetworks, Inc.)
- Casual Game Association: Great Game of 2008 .
- ↑ http://www.casualconnect.org/newscontent/06-2008/playrix.html
- ↑ http://www.casualconnect.org/newscontent/04-2009/h2ohiddenoddyssey.html
- ↑ http://www.casualconnect.org/newscontent/10-2009/spookysplash.html
- ↑ http://www.casualconnect.org/newscontent/10-2009/harvestsplash.html
- ↑ http://ds.ign.com/articles/102/1021999p1.html
- ↑ http://www.casualconnect.org/europe/2009/casual_connect_magazine_winter_09.pdf, page 49