Frontier was released in 1993 to critical and commercial success, and a sequel, First Encounters, followed in 1995. However, the game's publishers, GameTek, released an unfinished version of this game which contained many bugs, which lead to poor reviews and sales. Frontier Developments subsequently initiated legal action against GameTek, which was settled in 1999. The company has been working on a new Elite sequel, under the working title Elite 4, since 1998.
Aside from the Elite series, Frontier Developments has made many PC and console games, including Dog's Life, Thrillville and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. The company also makes games for the Wallace and Gromit franchise, and has released Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo and a tie-in game for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. In 2008 Frontier ventured into the downloadable game space and released a launch title for Nintendo's WiiWare platform. The game titled LostWinds received critical acclaim, scoring 81% on Metacritic and was followed up with a sequel in 2009, LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias which currently holds an impressive 86% Metacritic score.
- Frontier: Elite II
- Frontier: First Encounters
- Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo
- Darxide EMP
- RollerCoaster Tycoon (Xbox port)
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Wacky Worlds and Time Twister expansions
- Dog's Life
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! and Wild! expansions
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- Thrillville: Off the Rails'
- LostWinds (WiiWare game)
- LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias (WiiWare game)
- Kinectimals (upcoming game)
- The Outsider (upcoming game)
- Elite 4 (upcoming game)
- Frontier Official Website
- Frontier YouTube Channel
- Frontier Developments company profile from MobyGames