Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Full Throttle (also known as Top Speed) is a one-player racing arcade game made by Taito in 1987. It is very similar in style to the Out Run games in that it features a fast, red car hurtling through the U.S. countryside.
- The car featured is a red Mazda RX7.
- Director Hiroyuki Sakou went on to create Taito's Operation Thunderbolt a year later.
- This game is Taito's response to Sega's Out Run.
- This game was the forerunner of the Taito Z system on which Taito's driving games were based from 1988-91.
- Some of the billboards in Full Throttle/Top Speed are plugs for other Taito games such as Operation Wolf and Plump Pop
- One of the billboards in Full Throttle/Top Speed features two detectives who are obvious references to Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs from Miami Vice. Ironically enough, Taito released Chase H.Q. which featured Miami Vice-esque detectives.