Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is the title of a video game adaption of the film of the same name. The game takes place after the film. The 360 and PS3 versions are based on the same code, while the DS is an entirely different game unto itself, and the Wii, PS2, and PSP version are also based on relatively similar code.
After the events of the film, Duke and Scarlett travels to the Arctic and free Heavy Duty, Ripcord and Snake Eyes from the M.A.R.S Detention Center. Also, they fight the Baroness and bring her to the Pit. In Egypt, the Joes learn that Cobra is taking the Apep (Gem). In the jungle, the Joes learn that Cobra is making a pyramid-like building in the middle of the jungle. From there, the Joes must defeat James McCullen (who now takes the identity of Destro) at the rooftop of the pyramid building. Finally, they must defeat the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow at North Magnetic Pole Volcano base.
Among the classes included for the various characters in The Rise of Cobra include Commando who do well at close range, Heavy Weapons who possess extraordinary shooting skills but do it best from a distance and Soldier who are a balance between the two . The classic "Yo Joe!" battle cry is in the game, being used as an invulnerability power-up when the G.I. Joe character gains access to the Accelerator Armor, allowing them to be undamaged while attacking Cobra troops and vehicles.
- Cobra Commander
- Data Frame
- Dial Tone
- General Hawk
- Lift Ticket
- M.A.R.S. Security Trooper/Black Viper
- Tunnel Rat
- Wild Bill
The game received mixed to negative scores from a lot of websites. It achieved a Metacritic average of 42% on the Xbox 360, and 43% on the PS3.
GamesMaster magazine in the UK was slightly more upbeat about the Xbox 360 incarnation, calling it "an enjoyable if throwaway action game that weighs in at a not so throwaway price."
IT Reviews complained that the game consisted of "repetitive bouts of blasting the same enemies, through the same terrain," and added "much of the time it feels as though you're only half playing the game."
G4TV's X-Play gave the game a 1/5, saying, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is the new gold standard for lazy and uninspired cash-in licensed games. It could perhaps be argued that the developers didn’t have much to work with given the source material, but that doesn’t help the unfortunate consumer who ends up stuck with this Junkyard Dog of a game in his collection." 
Gaming Nexus commented that "There's no reason to buy G.I. Joe as long as there is at least one other game on the store shelf." 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jay Cochran (2009-03-12). A Look At The Upcoming G.I.Joe: Rise Of Cobra Video Game. Retrieved on 2009-03-14.
- ↑ Tracey John (2009-03-12). First 'G.I. Joe' Screens are half the battle. Retrieved on 2009-03-14.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Lewis, Cameron (April 2009), "Yo Joe!", GamePro (Bob Huseby) 247 (April 2009): 47
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Steve Butts (2009-02-15). G.I. Joe Preview, Page 1. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-03-14.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Lewis, Cameron (April 2009), "Yo Joe!", GamePro (Bob Huseby) 247 (April 2009): 45
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Lewis, Cameron (April 2009), "Yo Joe!", Gamepro (Bob Huseby) 247 (April 2009): 49
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Lewis, Cameron (April 2009), "Yo Joe!", Gamepro (Bob Huseby) 247 (April 2009): 46
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Lewis, Cameron (April 2009), "Yo Joe!", Gamepro (Bob Huseby) 247 (April 2009): 42
- ↑ IGN Xbox 360 Review
- ↑ IGN DS Review
- ↑ http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g614.htm IT Reviews
- ↑ G4TV Review
- ↑ 
- Official website
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra at IGN
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra at the Internet Movie Database
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra at MobyGames