Garfield is a game based on the comic strip of the same name. The game was released on Microsoft Windows. In Europe, a PlayStation 2 version was also released. Both versions were made by Renderware, Hip Interactive, and The Code Monkeys.
As Garfield, you must clean up the house with the vacuum cleaner backpack before Jon gets home, or Garfield's goose is cooked. (it means the game will be over). The environment is fully interactive, as this was the first 3D Garfield game.
The lower floor is where a new game begins. Garfield can find a few photos of him and friends here. He can also make some lasagna, but he will have it if he gets the wrong ingredients!
The upper floor is where Garfield can find more photos and unlock minigames to play. Jon's jigsaw is unlocked by sucking up all puzzle pieces. The Console Classic game is unlocked by putting the game disc back in. The game is similar to Sega's Puyo Puyo games. The Wind-up roundup game is completed by putting the toys back in the cupboards in three minutes.
The garden is where Garfield can play two challenges that are provided by Arlene and Nermal. However, there are still some things to clean up here.
|This article needs to be cleaned up for the following reason: section. Additional information may be found on this article's talk page.(May 2010)|
- Living Room: The living room is where you start. The room is full of comfy seats for Garfield to sit in.
- Kitchen: Garfield's favorite room! The kitchen is one of the 4 rooms with Odie in it. If you can get the 4 ingredients needed for the lasagna and clean up the rest of the house, you win!
- Laundry Room: This room is easy to clean. Just get the 5 items to get your first key to unlock the next room!
- Hallway: The 2nd easy room! Only one item is in a locked room!
- Landing: The 2nd room with Odie. There are only 4 items to put back!
- Den: Jon's cartooning room! There's a computer, a lamp, a globe, a trophy, a rabbit head, and a trash can.
- Jon's Bedroom: This room is where you put back Jon's stuff.
- Bathroom: This is where you'd have to put mostly cleaning supplies.
- Game Room: This room never appears in the comic strip. It has two mini games: Jon's Jigsaw and Console Classic (based on Sega's game Puyo Puyo.)
- The Yard: Odie's here! This is where Nermal and Arlene have some challenges for Garfield: a race is Nermal's challenge, and find flowers for Arlene is Arlene's challenge.
- Basement: The basement is one of the 2 rooms with spiders! There is an ingredient for Jon's lasagna in here.
- Attic: The 4th and final room with Odie! And the other room with spiders! Clive, Garfield's invisible friend is in here with a mini game called Wind-Up Roundup!
The backpack only has room for three items, but storage boxes can store up to fifty. The storage box can also be used to save the current game onto one of eight files.
The Garfield game received average-to-terrible ratings. PS2 UK magazine gave it a 2/10 and JeuxVideo PC gave it a 4/20. Major reasons include unattractive graphics, slightly-sluggish controls, and Odie only flipping around when kicked.
Jon Barnard: Garfield and Jon
Pam Koldyke: Arlene
Sarah Kristine: Nermal
Serge Thirlet: Garfield
Patrick Borg: Jon
Virgine Ledieu: Arlene and Nermal